• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triple Jump Glitch

bobson

Smash Lord
^ yea, what exactly was that video about?
It's the thing where you retain your up-B landing lag for the next jump after you sweetspot grab the ledge with it.
I'm fairly sure this was known.

...I knew it, at least.

Edit: You can bypass it by using an aerial when you land.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
It's the thing where you retain your up-B landing lag for the next jump after you sweetspot grab the ledge with it.
I'm fairly sure this was known.

...I knew it, at least.

Edit: You can bypass it by using an aerial when you land.
pretty much sums it up, just posting this thread to keep everyone aware of this.
Heck, at least it isn't a pointless thread.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
I've never seen this affect my gameplay. Nor do I see what I should be seeing in the video. :confused:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I've never seen this affect my gameplay. Nor do I see what I should be seeing in the video. :confused:
Essentially it's an abusable tech that renders Mario useless.

Poor Mario...

I think it's Mario sweetspotting the ledge, jumping and landing. He still has the leg from the up B, but it's not visually there. You can aerial so nothings wrong

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
okay try this, hang onto the ledge by performing a normal hop. You get normal animations when you jump later on.

Then compare that to when you use your upb to grab the ledge. When later on when you jump, you retain the lag from mario's upb landing animation.

You should see a notable difference. Which is why mario mainers need to be somewhat aware of this glitch, to be aware of your ledge approaches...

It isn't that bad for mario, but lag is lag nevertheless.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
The charging animation for FLUDD remedies this and it isn't really that big of deal anyway.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
yeah. i just autocancel into n air whenever i land to remove the rco lag.
It's been a while since i played brawl actively. I usually do arials as i hop off the edge back on stage. I randomly bumped into that video i posted and completely forgot about this already being discussed.

Speaking of which, may I suggest posting that thread onto the "sewer system" A2ZOMG?

Top Bottom