• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tricks

samus_with_a_rocket

Smash Rookie
does anyone know any tricks with samus besides SWD and extended grapple? Because im really bored and need something to practice.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
DJC PMC

Grapple Cancels

Rising grapple

Grapple drop

Slingshot

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Samus grapple SWD...

Go to Yoshi' story and stand under the left set of blocks. Stand under the one closest to the middle. Jump up and hit it. Then jump up again while it is spinning and grapple the other set of blocks across the middle. As you are swinging down..right before you hit the ground hit A and you will fly really really fast to the right.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
Double Missle & Triple Missle

Wavebombing

Attacking out of Rising Grapple & Drop Grapple

You could always try going under some stages for fun. I doubt it'll help much though.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Rising grapple is where you either A: Jump and air dodge up while grappling..will get you more distance then your up B. Or b: When you are coming up from under a stage jump and grapple but be close enough so that the grapple will break off from you being to close launching you up...If you are too close you will no be able to do anything but be launched up and if you are the right distance away you can hit A and then do an attack very quickly afterwards.

Oh and I don't know what he means by Drop grapple...

He probably means when you are recovering from above you lay a bomb..and then another one..just like you are bomb jumping..and right when you bomb jump hit Z and fast fall so that you fly downwards into your first bomb. Looks cool and can be used to hit people sitting on the edge waiting to attack you. Risky though.

Grapple dropping is a technique that I came up with that is pretty much usless and very hard to pull off usefully on someone..You run off the edge and lay a bomb but DI so that you land back on the stage. Immediatly run off and airdodge down and grapple. You will hit the bomb you layed earlier and your grapple will only be out for a split second. You can edgeguard foxs and falcos with this because the grapple will stop their up B..not recommended unless you are in a friendly though. Also it can be used as a mind game. Most of the time when you do it your opponent thinks you are going to die or that you messed up..so right when you do it you can use your double jump and bair or sex kick them. This is mainly just to show off though and not really useful.

JudicatorMan

Smash Rookie
YO AFTERMATH. IT'S ME LYPSE from the tourney today at GC. I found you and watched your vids on youtube. i cant find ur sticky wehre it explains everything. Nvm, just found it.

Top Bottom