• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

training tips

Tujex

Smash Ace
Practice all the advance techs and edgeguarding/hogging.

This includes:
Wavedashing
Short Hopping
Shffl'd Aerials
The Cape + UpB Recoveries
Shielding/Shield Grabs

And once you get some of that down:
The UPB Wall Jump is something you might wanna put som effort into learning.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I'm jumping in here. upB walljump is a very useful move if you're on the stages it's possible on (I believe it's just Yoshi's Island, and Final Destination, but there may be a third stage) upB walljump is this:
Walljumping after doing your upB as a recovery(or whatever else, but that's usually the use) and then doing whatever else you want to do. I personally use another reverse upB onto the stage, but I suppose once I get better, I may start doing some attacks before doing the upB.

Ok, it can ONLY be done UNDER THESE CONDITIONS:

1. You MUST start the upB while hugging a wall(that's why it's so limited in the stage options)

2. You MUST end the upB still hugging the wall

3. IMMEDIATELY hit the direction away from the stage at the peak of your upB.

This is a nice tech to learn, but it can be tough. Once you get the timing down consistently, it's a fairly easy thing to do. Try slowing down the speed in Training Mode.

Everything else Tujex said I concur with.

mario-man

Smash Lord
You got it.

EDIT: Wait, I might be wrong, but when he said upB recoveries, I think he meant to say downB recoveries. If I'm wrong Tujex, tell me.

Either way, you should also work on downB recoveries.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Play against computer levels 1-5... whatever you prefer in that range really. Just make sure that you're just more of practicing technical things/comboing against them and not trying to play based off of their patterns.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Well, I asked him that because if you're a n00b and still learning how to play well, then you CAN play against the "Better" computer levels. Once you start getting good techwise, you should play the others to avoid becoming predictable.

patchy 164

Smash Rookie
ok so play compy's lvled 1-5 then when i get better at teching which is wave dashing edgeguarding /hogging go to higher computers ok i got it thanks guys

mario-man

Smash Lord
NO no no no no!!!
Reverse what you said. lower level computers when you get better, higher before that.

Top Bottom