• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Peach with the 20XX pack?

Zephinie

Smash Rookie
I'm an aspiring Peach main. I like to play fighting games in a more defensive style, which I think peach fits the description of, and her float mechanics really intrigue me.

I have some friends that are pretty damn good at melee and I always learn a lot whenever I play with them, but I want to practice more often than the time I spend with them. How can I utilize the 20XX hack pack to train effectively by myself? Any suggestions on certain techniques to practice?

I've been practicing things like float canceled aerials oos, as well as other simple tech skills like wavedashing and l canceling. I feel like there's a lot of potential in the 20XX pack that I'm not utilizing, I would love to hear some suggestions. I tried looking for info on the subject but came out empty handed.

Thanks!

SquillyP

Smash Rookie
Work on on-shield spacing and punishes/combos!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHIELD STUFF

Set shield health to infinite with down d-pad.

Hold L + up d-pad to make the cpu infinitely shield and shieldgrab on hit (there are other commands to have them do various other things oos like buffered roll and nair).

Using this, practice your:

- Float canceled n-air > grab on shield
- float canceled f-air > grab on shield
- float canceled b-air > d-smash or dash away
- SPACED float canceled fair > d-tilt on shield (you should be practicing spacing on shield with every move, but moreso with this)
- aim to hit the mid-bottom part of the shield with your fair so you're outta range for the shield grab, yet are able to get that juicy combo starter of a d-tilt in (too slow if you don't space it properly)
- this requires very precise spacing against Marth because of his huge grab range. I'm sure if a good Marth shield DIs in and shield grabs this would be impossible.
- If any of these moves get shield grabbed you either are not timing it well enough or spacing it properly​
- shield dropping
- IMPORTANT: Remember to always fast-fall your float canceled aerials so they cannot be reacted to/shield grabbed easily, even with ground float FC n-airs and b-airs (you might not be doing this if they are constantly getting shield grabbed).
- For example: To immediately FC n-air from the ground, the combination should be: [Hold Jump Button > Down on left stick > Return left stick to neutral > A > Release Jump Button > Down on left stick] all in extremely quick succession. If done correctly, Peach will do a instant near-lagless n-air right at ground level. Remember to return the left stick back to neutral as soon as you land. This sounds complicated but it's really quite intuitive. It's honestly harder to put it into words than to do it in game.
NOTE: If done correctly, following this up with Jab (quickest and safest although subject to Crouch Cancelling), Grab, and D-smash (if you notice them Crouch Cancelling your jabs, use this next FC approach and enjoy your free 40-60%) usually cannot be shield grabbed.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUNISH STUFF

In order to return the cpu to a neutral state (they don't DI at all if you tell them to hold shield), simply hold L + R + Down d-pad. This is so their human-like DI and teching returns. ----> this is honestly the best part of the 20xx pack for peach mains, being able to practice punishes/combos/tech chases on cpus who mix up DI and tech well.

When the cpu is at the neutral state again practice your:

- platform tech chases on fast fallers (fox, c falc, falco).
- Remember to switch up the maps every now and then because punishes may vary due to the different platform heights. I just walk them under a platform and either up throw or strong hit dash attack them to get them on it. The window for these tech chases are small so they must be practiced! Spacies immediately shine as soon as they are able to move after teching, which is a great way to tell whether or not you got there in time to tech chase.​
- chain grabbing fast fallers.
- d-throw combos/reaction tech chases on floatier characters like marth/weegee/peach/shiek.
- no true guaranteed combos here, just DI-dependent reads/reactions/tech chases
- remember though, if they poorly DI you can get a free n-air, dash attack, or up-smash dependent on how bad it is.
- if you're playing a floaty opponent that you know likes to mash jump to get out of hitstun, after the d-throw, full hop where you think they'll be and throw out an aerial.​
- combo starters at various percents.
- at later percents for most characters the only way you can combo with n-air/b-air is with the weak hit, so practice that.
- float cancel b-air > turnaround grab is great. later percents it turns into float cancel b-air > dash attack.
- turnip > f-air and turnip > n-air can be guaranteed combos on floaties.
- D-tilt and its various, wonderfully free follow ups.​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RANDOM TECH TO PRACTICE

If there's peach tech you haven't learned, it's probably in this video: [can't post link, search "Peach Tech Trials" on youtube by the user TheLegendOfMissingNo]
- if you pick up anything from that vid, I highly suggest you get good at wavelanding off various platforms into a double jump > float. It turns you into a goddamn platform shark rocking payless slippers.​
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This list certainly isn't comprehensive as there are many other shield options to cover than a simple shield grab. Look up the 20xx commands and experiment with punishing things like buffered roll oos, nair oos, and shine oos.

Hope this helps, cause I know it can be a real pain to find Peach stuff not from 2006 'round here :)

Last edited:

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
If you can program the bot to do stuff, it's interesting to train FC Aerials OoS after the hitstun.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
set the falco AI to sh laser (R trigger and side on the Dpad?) on fd and practice approaching slowly by powershielding and wd oos forward/backward.

Top Bottom