• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training and Trading characters / moves?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sakurai had spoken about making people "train up their characters" in 3DS version and maybe throw them in the "Stadium" that is Wii U-version.

I just started to think how it'd be like if this game took a turn like Pokemon did, and made us "train characters" in means of giving them certain boosts or maybe even a lvl up-system. There'd be also a chance to trade the characters around and of course engage into an online battle (which I hope is better than Brawl's). Moves or maybe items or other things could be distributed the same way.

I know, it's like Pokemon meeting Smash Bros. But I thought would this contribute to Sakurai's concept on "training" one's character and also help people access some characters quickly without having to get the other version incase there'll be "version exclusives".

grizby2

Smash Lord
Noirscythe: Care to explain why?
because if us having to level up characters was the case, that would mean that not just characters, but PLAYERS would be outright better through stats alone.

well.. i guess im trying to say that: if player A has a lvl 5 mario, player B has a lvl 9 mario, and BOTH players have the same skill in terms of using mario, which one are you willing to bet on? :glare:

but if the lvl-ups are just cosmetic, thats a different
and much happier
story.:reverse:

Top Bottom