• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Mode: Link matchup advise?

trannel

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,

I'm a long-term casual player, who has been playing the game since the 64 version, and recently rediscovered my passion for smash with the newly released Tournament Mode. Despite all of its very obvious flaws, I enjoy playing 1vs1 for Glory tournaments, whenever i am lucky enough to get a free space within a reasonable waiting time.

One thing i noticed is the extreme presence and dominance of Link in this tournament metagame (link literally won HALF the tournaments i've played 5/10).
Now i get that flat stages aswell as the timer and percent-based decisions reward campy links a lot, but there has to be some way to combat that playstyle, without constantly being forced in a bad position? My problem, being a ness and lucas main with a somewhat mediocre skill level, is that i find myself always being forced to jump over links projectiles in an attempt to approach him, and approaching from above with a floaty character can be punished by even the worst of links. Shielding on the ground has also proved to be quite the challenge for me, and I have not managed to beat a single link online so far.

So at this point, i really need some expert advise. How do you approach link? Do a lot of you have similar problems with the character (in tourneys)?

I would really enjoy tourneys a lot more, if i wouldnt autolose to campy links. Hope you have a few tips for me :)

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
If you can't dash and shield then walk slowly and shield. And your forward smash can reflect projectiles.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
I recommend you take a look at the Link boards, or visit the Ness or Lucas matchup threads to find the answers you seek.

Top Bottom