• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Locator Tech of the Week: Slingshot

pokemon64ism

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LemyKoopa

One Smash in partnership Tourney Locator have worked together to produce the series: Tech of the Week! This week marks the thirteenth video of the series, and it features a technique that allows for a quick onstage recovery that can apply pressure: Slingshot. By precisely combining wall jumping and a B-reversal when recovering, the slingshot allows some characters to get onstage quickly while using a neutral special. Tech #101: Slingshot

Even though this is the thirteenth video of the series it is titled tech number 101. This is because all of the techs to be shared are a part of the One Smash Tech Tree. This makes each video feed of the others, showing how each tech works together to form a complete game. The other videos in the series include Fast Fall Break, Snap Back and Slow Run. A full playlist is available here so be sure to check these out to get the full idea of the One Smash Tech Tree.

Pokemon64ism is always interested to see new tactics. You can keep up with him by following his Twitter.

zang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
Pretty cool, will remember to use this more often

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
"Feel the heartbeat Tof my pocket, through this tight Gyroid, I feel every bowling ball hitting, and my Timber... The fight starts when two of us, have the same projectiles, bright lights fill my eyes, you have no choice but to camp. There is no escape, no (mistake you can make). Passion on my spirit (Tripping), fusion of the Balloons (flying). Launched by the trees, smashes by umbrellas (Overcoming the rising branch)! Overtake your buried rivals (Smashing)! Can you see what's up the stage? A Ridleeeey"
Daytona FD 2: Battle for the ledge.
The name of the song is Slingshot... it's a bad joke, I know! I thought it was a Villager-only tech...

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
With all the interesting options this gives, how could the most important be excluded from the video?

I am immensely disappointed. (Jk, pretty neat discovery.)

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
Stop giving old things even dumber names lol
I would pay to hear commentators trying to shout out special names for every AT or fancy move a player pulls off in a match.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
very risky trick to try, nevermind a bit tough to attempt in an actual match... I presume the fighters demonstrated are those who can use this trick best?

I can TECHNICALLY see Little Mac and Mewtwo trying this, but only for super styling points...

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
With all the interesting options this gives, how could the most important be excluded from the video?

I am immensely disappointed. (Jk, pretty neat discovery.)
Status update: after testing for ages (read as minutes :p), this tech will apply to Falcon Punch, but falcon can not make it onto the ledge, and will fall to his doom shortly afterwards, unless you've somehow preserved your midair jump. Confirmed worthless tech.

Top Bottom