• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Swordfighter Moveset

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
Hello everybody,

I am a hopeful TO and i was starting to design the rules for my tournament based on the current high-level rules. However i started to think about Palutena and the Mii Fighters and how they are the 3 characters in the game with all customs unlocked at the beginning. I know that Palutena and the Mii Fighters differ slightly, as customs have to be on in order to change Palutena's moveset while it doesnt for the Mii fighters.

However, if the swordfighter community could come together and create a tournament moveset for the swordfighter, a single moveset that would be the allowed moveset with swordfighter at standard height/weight, i feel like the Mii community could push there way forward into becoming legal in tournament rules all over and making it easier to become legal in national/international tournaments. It would also make it easier for people to train against, because just like any other character, they have 1 tournament standard moveset.

Thank you

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I am going to be quite blunt here. I have been staring at the message for hours and I am a bit annoyed by what it is conveying. Especially the finishing statement… Recently, most of Regional Tournaments have been using the MLG Rules Set (which is One Mii Set per player per type – Default Height and Weight) and so far there have been no problems. You can ask Chibo (MLG), Keitaro (Ktar) or wait to see what happen at Shot Fired. Players were able to adapt and overcome the “hundreds” of Miis matchup making them nonexistent in the Top 16.

You see, Miis are clones of each other (assuming they are the same height/weight). The only thing that is change is their specials. Once you see that special and play with that special, you know what to do. Swordfighter’s, for instance, Up B 1 is Ike/Kirby’s Up B, Up B 2 is a Disjointed Fire Fox, and Up B 3 is Link’s Spinning Attack. Saying that every character has one tournament set is wrong in my opinion. A Mario main can use Luigi or Dr. Mario depending on the matchup. A Lucina Main can use Marth or Roy depending on the matchup. Of course, we can forget the Wonder Twins (Pit and Pittoo). They are essentially “clones” of each other if I might stretch this.

The best course of action is to use the MLG Rules Set. It will make everyone happy. Mii Main can use their personal set and Non-Mii Mains do not have worry about counter picking (even though this is stupid but that is the compromise we are willing to take). If you refuse to follow this notion, then please ask your own community what Mii set they want. It is better for them to choose something they prefer. Xanadu community, for example, got together and did this. It was interesting that the Brawler set was 3122 which most Brawlers freak out on but someone like the super armor falcon punch move. Good for them! If you really want your answer then – the swordfighter community have concluded that 1332, 1322 and 2332 play on Swordfighter’s Zoning Strength and help against even out a majority of the his matchup. From here, I will let you choose its poison. Test each set and decide which one you think is the best for your community.

Oh and don’t worry about us. We are fighting for #FreeMii and have been making progress.
Anyways, thank you and welcome to the Mii community. Enjoy your stay.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
While a 'golden loadout' moveset would likely be more accepted than full mii legality, I urge you to at least look into 1111, 2222, 3333 (which I believe is a much better ruleset than just 1 golden moveset) since it allows at least some variety and freedom into characters that were designed to be free.

Sword of gales

Smash Rookie
There are 2 other sets that I think should be taken into consideration: 1323 & 1333. The reason for down special 3 is that it generally has more utility than down special 2 & neutral special 1 already beats out most projectiles

Top Bottom