• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament of Tears

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Date: Saturday March 28

Time: 12 p.m. (Sign ups are 11:30 am- 12 pm)
(Please get early so those who want to play some friendlies may do so and not delay the tournament)

Where: 8738 Ramsgate Ave
Here's a mapquest link to help you:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?form=d...z=90045-4657&2y=US&2l=33.95855&2g=-118.382694

Just type in your address and it will give you directions.

Category: Singles ($5 entry fee/ $4 Venue fee)
We are playing in the backyard. In future tournaments, we will be able to occupy the house in the backyard once the neighbor moves out. Don't worry, the backyard is large enough.

I have two TVs (A Huge one and a small one/Both non-HD)
If you bring a Wii, we can make use of the multiple TVs and allow the tournament to flow faster.

Bring a Wii: $2 off the entry fee
Bring a TV: $1 off the venue fee

Wii's:
1)
2)
3)

TV's:
1)
2)
3)

Brawl Discs:
1)
2)
3)

Prize:
1st place - 60% of the pot
2nd place - 30% of the pot
3rd place - 10% of the pot

You may contact me at:
Home: (310) 645-9136
Cell: (310) 200-4013

Please do not call me until 2 pm. I have school until then. If you can bring chairs, please do so. I have chairs, but they're nothing like folding chairs.

RULES:

3 Stock
8 Minutes
No items
No Stalling
No Infinites

Double Elimination
Winning 2/3 of games wins the set
Winning 3/5 of games wins the Finals
The finalist from the loser's bracket must win 4/6 matches against the Winner's Bracket finalist to win the tournament.

-If you're late and if there's some space left, you may be entered into the loser's bracket.

-You may ban 1 neutral stage and 2 Counterpick stages. They must be declared before the 1st match or else you will not be able to.

-Dave's Rule does not apply. You may choose the stage if you've won on it before.

-HAVE FUN!

-You must play on a neutral stage first:
Neutrals:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria