• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Mode?

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
I know that most tournament organizers don't use it, but I find it convenient for my purposes.

I was recently planning on trying to host a Project M tournament at some point, so I was wondering if the Tournament Mode still worked. I actually don't have Project M installed, as i've been running into a lot of problems with doing so recently, so I asked my friend to check if it worked, as he does have a copy. He came back saying that the Tournament Mode still functions, but there is no way to select MewTwo, Roy, or any of the new alternate costumes.

Can anyone confirm this? And, if this is the case, is there a chance that we can see full support for it in version 3.5?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Selecting tournament mode loads rotation mode instead for me. Rotation does load the normal character select screen though, so you can pick Mewtwo and Roy.

Raijinken

Smash Master
It currently (3.02) doesn't work, due to lacking full assets for Mewtwo and Roy. It'd be nice if they'd fix that for 3.5, though.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
I haven't really got into this game until late last year so I haven't even noticed this feature and wanted to make sure this wasn't already an idea before I made a topic about it.

Is this still a thing within Project M? I haven't seen it at all. No one uses it if it is there. I know we have an option for Crew Battles which works really well for what it is, but I think we can probably go even beyond this. One that can display wins during the fight for you, and showcase the victor better. One that would allow you to input players names into an in-game bracket system, and keep track of who wins/loses.

Being a true to form competitive game, I'm surprised this hasn't been touched on. Hopefully we can see a feature like this later on.

Top Bottom