• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Mode Group: PK Rockin'

Do you think this is a good idea for SmashBoards?

• Total voters

manrangan

Smash Cadet
NNID
manrangan
3DS FC
1289-8629-2870
Switch FC
SW-8204-8475-7607
What is this, you ask?
Why, I'm so glad you asked! With the tournament mode update, I've noticed that the community "tournaments" were really more of communities, in the vein of Mario Kart 7 and 8's communities. It has rankings just like Mario Kart 7 and 8, and the matchmaking is quite similar! Because of this, I decided that the best way to take advantage of this new feature is to treat it like Mario Kart communities.
I'm hoping that this can become a bigger thing on SmashBoards, as the other tournament I saw, called the "Official SmashBoards Tournament" (shoutouts to them btw for partially giving me this idea), didn't seem..to be doing quite so well. They have very few members, and I wasn't quite sure how to join it, and it didn't quite seem to be getting much attention. This is part of the reason I started this, to help gain more traction on SmashBoards tournaments! I'll go ahead and list some real info on this. ;)

Main Overview
PK Rockin' is a group that any member of SmashBoards is free to join. Not exclusively SmashBoards, however-- tell your friends about us and we'd be happy to include them! We'll be running by seasons, much like Anther's Ladder. I'll post the results of each season here, so be sure to check up on this thread from time to time. I'll try my best to keep up with the rankings too on here. :p If you ever feel like doing some matchmaking with some random people, this group is a great place to go.

Rules
Restrictions: Password
Participants: 100 (If this gets big enough, I might set up multiple rooms to combat this, and host an online tournament (an actual tournament, mind you) where the number 1 ranked people in their rooms compete.
Tourney Format: Number of Wins
Victory Conditions: None
Battle Restrictions: None
Time Limit: 8 minutes
Match Rules: Stock (If anyone's interested in a coin battle room or something, let me know. If there's interest I'll set up a room, but it won't be focused on competitiveness, I'll probably have it running for a year or something)
Sudden Death: Off
Launch Rate: 1.0x
Stage Choice: Random (The reason for this is so people don't pick stages that aren't tourney legal)
SD Penalty: -1
Stagelist: Battlefield, Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Town & City, Smashville, Duck Hunt, Dreamland 64. Omega Stages are turned off.
Items: Set to "None" and "All Off".
Stamina: Off
Mii Fighters: Off (doing this so nobody abuses equipment)
Customs Fighters: Off (once again, don't want any equipment.)

To join this, go to Tournament Mode, choose "Search", then choose "Tourney ID." After doing that, enter the following ID: 66181171854622

The password to enter this tournament is: pkfiyah

One rule for this tournament: (well, not really, since I can't do anything to enforce it) Please, please, please leave a match if there's 2 people in it. I intend for this to be mostly 1v1 format, and to that extent it's necessary for lobbies to only have 2 players. Wait a minute or two, and then try to join or create another lobby, please. This is just etiquette, really; please abide by this.

If you want to get a match, it might be a good idea to say something in this thread.

We have a private Miiverse community, which you can participate in after joining the group.

Current Season and Rankings

Season: PK Rockin' 2015 Fall
Starts at 8/02/2015 (02:00) EST
Ends at 11/02/2015 (02:00) OST

Rankings

1. None at the moment..enter this so I can put some rankings in! :p

Last edited:

manrangan

Smash Cadet
NNID
manrangan
3DS FC