• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament in Little Rock AR.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
I dont know dude. I just heard it on the radio, went to the site and became confused as hell. From what I heard on the radio it was a go. When I go to the site its a maybe.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I'll do it then:

It's held at a McDonalds in various location, and the blow up venue is fricken sweet. However, the actual running of the tournament isn't all that great.

The TVs have a few frames of lag, which made it a big deal down in GA for some of us. So if you go, be prepared to adjust quickly.

The brackets is single elim, somewhat random placement, on a bracket made in Microsoft Word. I say somewhat random, because when GA went, majority of SWF members got put on one side of the bracket, while noobs plus 1 SWF member got the other side. Obviously that 1 SWF member made it to finals lol. No johns from me though, I was eliminated fairly.

We had about 6 TVs to work with, but the set-up was again, very nice. However we did make Venue Johns because it did collapse on us at one point lol.

We tried to convince the hosts to change out TVs to something standard, and though they said they would, I don't think they ever did. Also, we suggested bringing our own, and that concept was refused.

YOU MUST BRING A MEMORY CARD! This is the only way to use stages and chars, they don't have memory cards.

Be advised, they don't detail out the rules very well. Everything is 2/3, even finals. And if you play a noob, be prepared to play Hyrule Temple >.< *Hint: Set up the random stages yourself, and after the first match, just random it again unless you're playing an SWF/experienced tourny player, because if you're playing a noob, they never grasped the concept of counter picking (noobs being 6 year olds)*

The prize is first and second place only (at least it was when we went).

1st: Plane/hotel fee paid for TX Championship. The TX Championship is 3,000$ in prizes I think I was told. There's also a bunch of little things, like I think 75$ cash, a t-shirt, and some gift cards. Not a shappy prize.

2nd: A T-Shirt. This is the shabby prize lol. But hey, make sure you get first.

FREE COKE ZEROS!!!!!!! I'm being serious. They had like... a million of these things, and were just trying to give them away. I also left with a cool glow stick thing that I could wear around my neck.

One of the venue hostesses is pretty hot ^.^

So yeah, if I forgot anything, I'll put it in here later. All of this is subject to change though, due to the fact that everything might be far different than it was when they were down here in GA.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The INNsomniacs should all just go and f*ck that tourney up. 6 year old noobs wont know what hit them.

Top Bottom