• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tos2 mdl0 editing

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently having problems on editing tales of symphonia: dawn of the new world's mdl0 files. I ripped the mdl0 out of the .bin file and used the autohexer program made by fortwaffles. When I preview the mdl0, it shows a screwed up bone tree with a ton of clones (ex: model has eight arms)

I heard there are extra properties involved. How can I detect these extra properties? What kind of signs do these properties show that nothing else does?

EDIT: It seems one of the signs are that certain bones have more than 13 rows.

EDIT2: Is there any program that can detect these properties? I have two mdl0s. One from the .bin file, and another from this topic:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271427

I exported a bone from both mdl0s called "Head," and when I opened them in the hex editor, I only saw little changes on it.
Example: Offset 00000040 had: 11F00000 24A00046(On the unedited mdl0 from the .bin)
The edited mdl0's offset had this: 000000D0 48000000
These are just examples, the bones didn't show this in offset 40.
I thought "they didn't randomly type this down, they must've use some program."
If the examples didn't help, I'll PM the files to anyone that can help.

Top Bottom