• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tornado Semi-Spiking?

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
Hey guys!

I've been working with my Dr. Mario and my playing skill with him has increased drastically over the past few weeks but I need a bit of help with some information on a rather unlikely incident. So I was battling on For Glory and edgeguarding an offstage foe. I approach him with the Dr. Tornado and I am not quite sure how I did this but I somehow clipped him right enough to cause him to fall downwards in a spike manner but not KO him outright. He couldn't recover after that but I was rather curious as to how this happened.

I then went to test it out against a cpu level 9 to see if I could pull it off again. I did manage to do it a few times out of many but I can't quite seem to know exactly why or how to pull that off. Does anybody have more experience with this and on how to do it? Is it a legitimate thing or is it something that should be ignored?

Dobbston

Smash Apprentice
The edge of the tornado will hit your opponent downwards if they get hit while right under it; it's the same part of the tornado that occasionally quickly hits the opponent upward if they just get clipped by the tornado.

Top Bottom