• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tornado or combo

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
I know there is a lot of different styles on how to rack up damage as MK but bassicly the main argument is ...... tornado ...... or good arial combo .....and i need help on decideing on witch one to do any ideas??

Post your thoughts on witch you think is more effective and why i need some help here.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Stick to Aerial combos primarily, but use the Tornado often. Use it to catch them off guard, to close distance without having to dash or if it seems like your aerials are just losing power.

Don't pick one or the other because both are just too good! :D

Nickieroonie

Smash Cadet
Tornado does rack up damage, but in my opinion it's more of a gap closer, or really... just a fail-safe way of traveling around, coming from edges, approaching, getting away...
I prefer aerial combos for the most damage. Stuff like, fair to push them, and uair and nair together is quite good I think. You can nair, uair, and nair very quickly.

Taso

Smash Apprentice
It's actually a question of weight.

Heavier characters are sucked into the tornado, lighter characters are not.

You fighting Bowser? Use the tornado.

Kirby? Combos.

Simple really. But in either case, mix it up.
Beyond that, tornado has more launch than the beginning of the combos, so my choice is always tornado-ing for the first 20-30%, then comboing.

Orpheus

Smash Cadet
They're both good depending on the other player's characters.

Tornado is a good fight starter, quick but don't go too high in the air.

Top Bottom