• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Top 5 Smash Shorts] - Week 15 ft. Little Mac, Meta Knight, Palutena, King DDD, and Lucas

Week 15 is here and it's featuring a Wii U Giveaway? Not bad. T
his week's Weekly Top 5 Smash Shorts is packed with zero to deaths and introduces a few new characters to the series. If you're interested in Melee Smash Shorts and/or winning a free Wii U make sure you stick around until the end.

What is a Smash Short? As the name suggests, it's a quick moment or series of events in Smash that is so good, you have to share it with someone. We're giving you (yes, you) the opportunity to share those moments for a chance to be selected as one of the Top 5.

Congratulations to Week 15's winners!
1.) Showdow (Lucas)
2.) Xane (Meta Knight)
3.) MrTriHorse (Little Mac)
4.) Danish (Palutena)
5.) Girthquake (King DDD)​

Check the links below to learn how you can submit your content right here on Smashboards:
Rules to Submit a Smash Short and Past Results Archive
Smash 4 - Week 16's Official Submission Thread - Deadline: Sunday, 2/?/15
Melee - Week 16's Official Submission Thread - Deadline: Sunday, 2/?/15

Not a member? Join today and submit your best!

Missed the first few videos? Catch them here.

Last edited:
Stephen "Omni" Silver

Comments

With the discovery of all these now applicable 0% to DEATH combo's, one has to wonder why tourneys are STILL doing 2 stock... :confused:

Same. What the **** was even happening there?
Ok I checked, it's legit.

It's not a true infinite but she got the perfect set-ups into it. She was doing Footstool into Uair and rinse repeat.

Works well on Sheik.

Some character have ridiculous timing, 1-2 frames only before they can stop this. Some also if they DI correctly can force her to end it at the ledge.

I don't think this Sheik was DIing as much as they could have from this but again DI doesn't do as much so people are kind of stuck when this happens, welp.

Looks like footstool > Float > FF > Uair
I've never seen that technique before. I'd think that such an easy damage dealing, inescapable combo would make Peach much higher tier. Especially since it seems as though it can be pulled off from a D-throw and at any percent as long as you fast fall U-air. Maybe it's not a true combo, though.

Edit: WOW, #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu , that's fascinating. Is this common knowledge for Peach mains?

Last edited:
I've never seen that technique before. I'd think that such an easy damage dealing, inescapable combo would make Peach much higher tier. Especially since it seems as though it can be pulled off from a D-throw and at any percent as long as you fast fall U-air. Maybe it's not a true combo, though.

Edit: WOW, #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu , that's fascinating. Is this common knowledge for Peach mains?
It's only 0-5% IIRC. I'm pretty sure Fox can be done on too. Umeki has mastered it tho and can do it while having a conversation apparently.

I believe Void tweeted that it happened a few times so he literally put the controller down since he knew he was dead.

Last edited:
It's only 0-5% IIRC. I'm pretty sure Fox can be done on too. Umeki has mastered it tho and can do it while having a conversation apparently.

I believe Void tweeted that it happened a few times so he literally put the controller down since he knew he was dead.
Interesting. Well, it looks quite complicated. I bet it could be pretty useful, though, if you got consistent at pulling it off. It's awesome that it works on Sheik, too, since she's such a tournament threat.

With the discovery of all these now applicable 0% to DEATH combo's, one has to wonder why tourneys are STILL doing 2 stock... :confused:
Stuff like this isn't happening all the time though keep in mind - which is why its exciting when it does. We also don't know the skill lvl for most of the victims either. With better players comes better di, better decision making, better mu knowledge, and better escape options. Even if they're practing on a di-less dummy they have to have the technical proficiency and consistency to execute it in the first place.

This post maybe sounds pro 2 stock but i'm actually in favour of 3, just for other reasons.

D
My boy Xane putting in the work. <3 Adore his Meta Knight, so happy he's part of the crew I'm in.

That Palutena ledge-canceled Warp edgeguard was sick as hell too.

Stuff like this isn't happening all the time though keep in mind - which is why its exciting when it does. We also don't know the skill lvl for most of the victims either. With better players comes better di, better decision making, better mu knowledge, and better escape options. Even if they're practing on a di-less dummy they have to have the technical proficiency and consistency to execute it in the first place.

This post maybe sounds pro 2 stock but i'm actually in favour of 3, just for other reasons.
Thanks, I will keep that kinda stuff in mind ^^
I think in time though, more and more players will achieve the technical proficiency and consistency you speak of in order make events like this or similar more common place, that's how muscle memory in the joints of the hands work and stuff.

I'd say I'm also in favor of more 3 stock tourneys, what are your other reasons you spoke of? ^^

Top Bottom