• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Up: Toon Link Combo video - Twst

Corigames

Smash Hero
go watch the full matches dumb ***
Yeah, I didn't particularly explode with joy over your combo video, like hell will I go sit through your unedited matches. If I wanted to die from over exposer to content on the internet, it'll be to adult videos.

...cuz i needed filler footage...
What? 9 minutes of it?

but what ever people like you who post useless insight make me sick do someting useful with your time and post somthing USEFUL
You say that, yet you posted this video.

Some may say that I'm mean, bu you could have at least posted something to disprove what I said. You didn't.

Also, it wouldn't kill you to take that half of a millisecond to put a comma or period in a post.

Twst101

Smash Cadet
everyone who wants to start an argument always uses puncuation as an excuse to stop themselves from sounding stupid....Corey and i quote "Also, it wouldn't kill you to take that half of a millisecond to put a comma or period in a post"....what the hell did that have to do with my video?....absolutly nothing but any way im not here to impress you corey, your two sense on my video is the last thing on my mind if you didnt like it ID LOVE!!!! <3 for you to make one...matter a fact COREY.....lets go watch YOUR VIDEO!!!! yea thats a GREAT idea...wait.....no...noooooo Y-O-U D-O-N-T H-A-V-E O-N-E...sooooo untill you DO get one why dont you shut up and stop harsly critisizing people when you have NOTHING! to prove that you yourself COULD DO ANY BETTER!

Darth Wedel

Smash Apprentice
(remembers why he hates mainstream hip hop).
*remembers why he hates hip hop*

Alright, we don't have the same taste in music, but who cares about that. Your Toon Link is very good, I really like the way you used his returning Boomerang to your advantage, unlike most, who just throw it and forget about it. And of course Kirby murders with dair =3

And coreygames...he's posting this because it will actually be of use to some people. What you're posting isn't exactly constructive criticism. Maybe you're too Ub0r 733t for it to be useful to you, but don't bloody troll.

Twst101

Smash Cadet
I'll be frank, and you can criticize me for being negative, but if you didn't want it to be critiqued, posting it on a site like this is just plain silly. It wasn't unbearable, and it had it's moments, but the clips you showed were just average playing, nothing spectacular, and parts of it weren't even tight by those standards. The clips were really loose and quite a few of your combos were brought on by poor playing of your opponents. I watched some of your other vids (so I'm not just judging you on your fragments in the combo vid) You do use a projectiles in better balance then some TL's I've seen, but it could afford to be a lot tighter and more precise, TL has very versatile projectiles, and they still have more to offer. The aerials could be afford to be a lot more aggressive once you have them on the defensive, more off-stage aerials would be nice, as TL certainly has the ability to pull it off; you did a bit of it, but your main means of chase seemed to be your projectiles, and while they're a favorably defensive/stunning technique rather then an edgeguard. If you didn't want an in depth critique, then no offense meant, just suggesting. Brawl is still young, I realize, and much of the advanced play is still being discovered, though that's no reason to shun critiques, doing the best to add something to the discussion based on what we know. Keep on truckin'
oh i forgot to mention Bane i do appreacate your insight on my play style and your type of criticizing was well needed to improve my game :) this is the type of criticizim that people need to improve and bring out the true potential in ssbb, incorperating your suggestions into my play style ill post more videos or oneday i'll redo my combo video and i'll get your guys thoughts ^^

Corigames

Smash Hero
everyone who wants to start an argument always uses puncuation as an excuse to stop themselves from sounding stupid....Corey and i quote "Also, it wouldn't kill you to take that half of a millisecond to put a comma or period in a post"
Says the guy that does so.
As noted by the above poster.
....what the hell did that have to do with my video?....absolutly nothing but any way im not here to impress you corey, your two sense on my video is the last thing on my mind...
1. It would be "2 cents".
2. I'm beginning to think that is a lie considering the anger in this post.
3. I'm a jerk. You can't make me mad on purpose :3
if you didnt like it ID LOVE!!!! <3 for you to make one...matter a fact COREY.....lets go watch YOUR VIDEO!!!! yea thats a GREAT idea...wait.....no...noooooo Y-O-U D-O-N-T H-A-V-E O-N-E...sooooo untill you DO get one why dont you shut up and stop harsly critisizing people when you have NOTHING! to prove that you yourself COULD DO ANY BETTER!
You see, unlike some people, I spend time on work I do. I also don't take what I do and parade it around the internet like a show dog. I don't do things to impress other people, if you haven't noted that from my post content.

Don't worry, I bet I'll have a video after too long. It will contain actual combos, be edited so that it makes me look good while my skills actually reflect that too, and, I have no doubt, that you will have at least two words to say about it, even if there isn't a thread in the video discussion boards. You know why? Because I don't.

Another thing, not everyone who criticizes people needs to have a video of themselves. You see, I don't take the first week or so of having the game and show people how amazing I am, I'm not that dumb. Good videos take effort, something worth looking into.

And you are wrong, I do have something to prove myself. It's not from brawl, just melee, so I'm not sure if someone like you would care. If you want, I'll tell ya ;)

So, if you are done making you and your pathetic toon link look bad, then I'll be done. If you want to continue...

Twst101

Smash Cadet
ill gladly continue till dawn because reading your posts in other topics has made me relize you love putting down other peoples videos which is your own lil oppion i guess...if you want to call your bad attitude tward people who want to make vids an oppion...then its what ever i guess but truthfuly there are people who do think my so called "pathetic toon link" is well played for a brand new game so this video wasnt made to impress you corey did you know that? :D my VIDEO WASNT MADE TO IMPRESS YOU so you must get enjoyment out of this somewere right? i guess but if you dont like brawl that much and refuse! to accept brawl combos for what they are then take your happy go lucky *** back to the MELEE fourms and stay stuck in the past instead of those of us who want to try somthing new n stead of people like you who wanna cry about how much you dont like other peoples videos :'(

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm cool. I don't like most of these combo videos right now because.. well, the game is new. Nothing I'm seeing in these videos is any different than what I'm seeing daily at school, home, friends house, etc. On top of that, most videos have people who aren't really trying to do anything except get caught in the combo or do anything to escape it.

I like melee more than Brawl. Criticizing me for liking melee won't improve your video.

Yes, I'm a real kill joy in other threads. So what? None of them got extremely pissed at it. It's a new game with new people thinking they are good. They aren't. They either have bad friends or think that playing a lvl 9 comp is awesome footage for a video.

The Internet sometimes have people that are cruel. As long as I don't say anything profane and I stay on topic, I'm following the ToU. Anything passed that is a flame war. I can take burn and most of the ones I dish out are light hearted. When someone responds in anger it's slightly annoying, and I feel the need to respond. Sometimes in a similar fashion to what they said.

Did you ever actually disprove my point in my original post?

Corigames

Smash Hero
How to make a Toon Link combo video:

1. Get footage of you playing
2. Edit it so that every clip is 10-15 seconds before you get a down air spike on someone
3. ????
4. Profit

Seriously, in some of those clips he is getting his *** beat and then, because the other person went off the edge or decided to help him get into that position, spikes them. then let's cut to the next clip that essentially does the same thing.

WOOT
I wanted you to disprove this statement.

Twst101

Smash Cadet
theres realy nothing to disprove argueing with you realy isnt going any were so its pointless xD because your gonna try and think of some half ***** commentt to try and make yourself seem justified which is just stupid cuz i figure....you only joined smash boards to hate on other people(figuring that all your 1,512 posts are all nothing insightful xD) and knowing you your goin reply to my post saying "well you still didnt disprove my statement" and blah blah blah so just to make you happy ill let you have this lil argument xD becauses i know if i dont let you win your just gonna cry about it again lol and ill end my statement with one of my favorite sayings...
"Online arguments are like the Special Olympics cuz even if you WIN your still a ******" no hard feelings though ^^ hahahah you should feel proud u won this argument and that i was the bigger man to just end it to bad theres no prize for biggest ******* you'd have no competition...:laugh:

Corigames

Smash Hero
I was coming into this thread expecting you to post something reasonable and I was going to type, "W/e, sounds fair to me. /bugger_off"

It still seems though that you still have fight in you. For what reason, I don't know.

Yes, all 1.5 k of my posts have not been insightful. Go to the melee Samus boards. I did video critiques there. People THANKED me. Oh my god! I know it's hard to imagine, but people liked my negative comments on their skills. It told them they needed to improve and repost more videos to show that they've gotten better. On top of that, I held a lot of "insightful" (I use quotes because, having that word used by your context scares me. We could be thinking of two completely different meanings here) comments for new or developing Sami. What have you shown or helped people starting Toon Link with? Jumping off the level and D-airing them is the best way to kill.

Wouldn't an air-dodge kill you? NVM...

So, since you are evidentially calling me a crying ******, while at the same time calling yourself one (for, once again, reasons I don't understand), I guess that means you won. I mean, I just can't take those witty insults anymore. MY internet phallic member just can't withstand it anymore.

Oh, and, BTW, you have proven to be everything but the bigger man here, so don't even try to pull that card because you are the coward running away. when you have another video up, I'll give it a "regular" review. One where I outline how you suck instead of being vague and funny. That way, I don't confuse the crap out of you again and have to listen to a smash novice blabber about how I'm incapable at everything I do. Good luck!

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
needs a better starter, in the beginning never do the same thing 3x unless its totally awesome (and meteor smashing isn't) and music, with words isn't good until around the mid of the video.

Lloyd_

Smash Rookie
my conclution toon link is very powerful... if you can use it well------

Top Bottom