• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Item Throw Ending Lag Cancel?

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
It seems that Toon Link might have a new Advanced Technique. After a bit of screwing around with him on the Wii U version, I noticed a little something with dash throws. By jumping out of a dash while holding a throwable item, before the actual jump if you throw your item (I used his bombs) with the A button I noticed the ending lag of the dash throw was cancelled. I had enough time to start a new dash and get hit by the same bomb's explosion. WIth enough practice I was able to use his dash attack to catch the bomb I threw.

At 0:11 I started actually doing the technique, 0:00-0:11 is just the dash throw for comparison.

Sorry for the bad quality, I recorded this with my phone.

I haven't tested this in the 3ds version yet.

Has this already been discovered, is this a new AT, or am I just crazy?

Last edited:

Asa

Smash Hero
Sick discovery young tl. Definitely going to add this my arsenal . In brawl you can throw the bomb from a short hop and recatch it, but not from a dash what you discovered increases the mix up game.

shdow1pj-

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
Sick discovery young tl. Definitely going to add this my arsenal . In brawl you can throw the bomb from a short hop and recatch it, but not from a dash what you discovered increases the mix up game.
shdow1pj-

I'm not necessarily a young TL, I have been using him for years but just finally yesterday made an account here. I'm hoping to get into competitive soon, my friend got onto a team for the 3ds and he's helping me.

Otherwise, thank you.

Last edited:

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
This has already been discovered a while ago actually. This is a Jump Cancel Bomb Throw. It lets you slide a bit after throwing the bomb and you can catch it either with a dash attack or a Nair

hiramsthoughts

Smash Apprentice
Yes, this has een in since Brawl. I Iike Jump Cancel Bomb Throw, Fair catch, BombThrow.

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
This has already been discovered a while ago actually. This is a Jump Cancel Bomb Throw. It lets you slide a bit after throwing the bomb and you can catch it either with a dash attack or a Nair
I see. I was worried that it was just a modified JC throw, but I don't remember those cancelling the dash throw ending lag.

Last edited:

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
I see. I was worried that it was just a modified JC throw, but I don't remember those cancelling the dash throw ending lag.
I just saw your video, and it is indeed a JC Throw. It looks easier on Wii U though, unless you just have great skizzles :)

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
Thought BLC is gone now?
BLC has nothing to do with this as far as I can tell. I cancelled the dash with a jump, which I also cancelled, allowing me to catch up to the bomb and throw it again.

Anyone think this might be similar to a bomb fake out because you recatch the bomb? Maybe I can use this for mindgames, I'll have to test it a bit more.

Last edited:

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
This was listed as a form of BFO back in brawl. You can effectively JC throw the bomb forwards and chase it catching it with any ariel you presume to use. Nair and Bair are best and from the looks of Wii U JC Throw > RAR Bair looks like it can get a little help here. Not 3DS since there's no C-stick however. I'll be sure to test some JC throw follow ups once the Wii U version is released here.

Ramzy

ROCKMAN
I mained TL for 6 years in Brawl and never knew about this... this makes me for sure want to keep using him as a third character.

Top Bottom