• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link is a clone. And it's awesome.

toon link 94

Smash Apprentice
i have been watching a lot of you tube vids and i noticed the shield that toon link uses, is the very first shield that his grandmother gave him! I think they couldive made him had a better shield than that.oh well he will still be one of my mains!

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he is a clone. Sure his B moves are the same but all of his a moves have either been altered or are completely different. This vid should clear things up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_qolN3C9U
The second half has WW Link. I do agree that he could have done way more with his B moves. His Final Smash is a little boring. He should have had a unique one. Like Ganondorf.

Sunblock

Smash Rookie
i have been watching a lot of you tube vids and i noticed the shield that toon link uses, is the very first shield that his grandmother gave him! I think they couldive made him had a better shield than that.oh well he will still be one of my mains!
The reason for that is, that this Char is not Wind Waker Link, it's Toon Link. Toon Link has had many appearances besides Wind Waker, for example in Phantom Hourglass. Concerning this, he's got the same shield in PH.

And I wouldn't say he's a clone either. I played bothed Link and Toon Link and they are completely different in handling. Speed, Strength and so on. Imo.

Niko90

Smash Cadet
I don't know how Toon Link feels, I haven't played Brawl yet. But I assume it's like Link vs. Young Link in SSBM, except this time around "Young Link" (Toon Link) is even more different. From what I've seen in many many videos, he is faster, in some cases stronger, and has different kinds of moves than TP Link.

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
which came first. wind waker or twilight princess?

that's is wat i though. link is the clone from toon link[/sarcasm]

Shonenbat Ness

Smash Rookie
The reason for that is, that this Char is not Wind Waker Link, it's Toon Link. Toon Link has had many appearances besides Wind Waker, for example in Phantom Hourglass. Concerning this, he's got the same shield in PH.

And I wouldn't say he's a clone either. I played bothed Link and Toon Link and they are completely different in handling. Speed, Strength and so on. Imo.
...You do realize that Phantom Hourglass is the direct sequel to Wind Waker right?

On top of that, Toon Link uses the Wind Waker...

taki

Smash Rookie
toon link use wind waker ...try to pash A and you can see he used wind waker control the wind and i like it :D
and his action so cute ..it different from link , but ok ...i like them both ^^

Sunblock

Smash Rookie
...You do realize that Phantom Hourglass is the direct sequel to Wind Waker right?

On top of that, Toon Link uses the Wind Waker...
Are you serious?

I know that it's the sequel, but besides that, the ship and some chars the story has nothing to do with Wind Waker. So do parts of his equip and his appearence.

I did not say it's Phantom Hourglass Link. But I wouldn't call him Wind Waker Link either.

Shonenbat Ness

Smash Rookie
Are you serious?

I know that it's the sequel, but besides that, the ship and some chars the story has nothing to do with Wind Waker. So do parts of his equip and his appearence.

I did not say it's Phantom Hourglass Link. But I wouldn't call him Wind Waker Link either.
Having different equipment doesn't change the fact that it's the same Link.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I still think they could have changed a few other things for the sake of variation, but those things aren't really important.

I'll probably play him more because I like his style and his voice! And because regular Link jumps like a brick.

KazuTheNut

Smash Apprentice
Canada, Quebec, around the border between Ontario
While I agree that they -could- have made an entirely different character, I'm personnaly quite happy with how he turned out. Those items have appeared in almost, if not all the zelda title since Ocarina, so they sort of... define the series. I like how he turned out, and while he could've been different, he's still awesome.

Top Bottom