• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon link d-air bug

Mr_Fredrick_No

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr_Fredrick_No
So I've been playing a lot of toon link lately and i am really enjoying him only problem is he is broken i don't think anyone else has found this bug cause i looked all over for it anyways what happens is when you go for toon links d-air at a very specific height he literally freeze mid air like he hit the ground then he pulls the sword out and you move again but you loose all your momentum in the one moment because he freezes mid air for like 2 seconds it has cost me a stock on so many occasions this is what it looks like in action

https ://www. youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5lu4y1m90 (copy paste the link with out the spaces)

sorry for the crappy quality but there it is and this video was purely just messing around with my amiibo and trying to get to the correct height to preform to bug/glitch whatever it is

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
This isn't a bug. Characters who shoot themselves downward with their d-airs can cancel out momentum after being sent flying.
It's existed since brawl.

Last edited:

Mr_Fredrick_No

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr_Fredrick_No
This isn't a bug. Characters who shoot themselves downward with their d-airs can cancel out momentum after being sent flying.
It's existed since brawl.
yeah but it only happens at that height and you can do it just by jumping to that height you don't need to be launched

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
yeah but it only happens at that height and you can do it just by jumping to that height you don't need to be launched
No. It can happen wherever, as long as you jump right after hitstun and dair.
Well he didn't get sent flying in the video soooooooo.......
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What are you talking about, he was sent flying from fox's grab.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
But he jumped tho?
Jumping is a requirement to perform it. If you immidiately jump after hitstun and d-air, you'll float in place.
Performing the d-air straight out of hitstun simply results in a slow drift as opposed to "meteor-ing" downward.

Last edited:

Mr_Fredrick_No

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr_Fredrick_No
Jumping is a requirement to perform it. If you immidiately jump after hitstun and d-air, you'll float in place.
Performing the d-air straight out of hitstun simply results in a slow drift as opposed to "meteor-ing" downward.
Ok as i said though it is not a momentum cancel at all toon link still falls during his d-air after jumping from hit stun he falls like ZSS does. in the video he literally freezes in place that is not a momentum cancel

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I'm sorry, but I can't imagine this being intentional. I mean, unless it's with a Deku Leaf, Toon Link should not be levitating.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Ok as i said though it is not a momentum cancel at all toon link still falls during his d-air after jumping from hit stun he falls like ZSS does. in the video he literally freezes in place that is not a momentum cancel
You never said anything about it not canceling momentum. You are literally using the hitstun momentum built up from being attacked , adding onto that with a jump and then immediately canceling that built up momentum with a dair. It's a freaking byproduct of how the physics of the game works combined with how meteor d-airs work.

It's. Not. New.

Raijinken

Smash Master
This works on Zamus, Greninja, Tink, Sonic, anyone with a stall-n-fall. It's consistent, and has to do with offsetting momentum with a downward vector. Not sure if it's intended or not, but it's consistent, regardless. Happens very often unintentionally. And as has been mentioned, happened in Brawl as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom