• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I cheated and got it before tomorrow, but it's only a day away!!

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=749]Tomorrow, tomorrow, I cheated and got it before tomorrow, but it's only a day away!! (for the rest of you) [/drupal]

I have some more views on AC:CF, mostly pertaining to my disturbing lack of faith in the online play, but I have some things that I want to share with you all before I get ahead of myself.

#1: The recent batch of reviews (The 1up Show, Gamespot, etc.) The overall feeling is that this is Animal Crossing 2.5, and I am forced to agree. As Alice Liang put it so excellently in the latest episode of "The 1up Show", "It feels like Animal Crossing 2.5, and seems like they just put this out because they have a better thing in the works." If only it were true... *sigh*...

#2: What's going to happen with this blog. I know I have maybe 2 regular readers, but for everyone else, I have some information that you might find interesting. I will be taking the next 2-3 months off as I am forced to give up control of my PC. I will try to give semi-regular bite-sized updates, but don't expect anything fantastic until about February. I will be working on other projects (read: a podcast and some music, so look forward to that. The podcast doesn't need guests, sound people, anything. No offers. Nothing. Shoo. I hate to be blunt, but I was raised on a soundboard, and I know how to exploit its abilities. Thank you in advance for not pestering me.

Now I can get into the meat of this blog. The randomness.

The MOTHER3 translation patch has been out for a while now. I'm enjoying the game to its full extent, and I love it. I just wish Shigesato Itoi would come out of hiding and make more games. The world needs them right now.

City Folk has some interesting online play. And by interesting, I mean affirming. Affirming what? That Nintendo still can't do online right. Not a big surprise, but still a disappointment. I was unable to export my DS character's items (only currently worn clothes and the catalog are sent over to the Wii version.)

Allow me to clarify a few of my points here. The DS connectivity is lacking because, frankly, it feels half-baked. I can't take any items over directly, no money can be transferred, and my house is the starter size. It's disappointing because they hyped the "DS Suitcase" feature, and it feels like I was cheated.

The online STILL uses friend codes. If your catalog list gets sent over to the Wii, why not your friend codes? Nintendo made another stupid move here by forcing players to start all over with their friends list.

I know I've been gushing over the graphics, but they are a great asset to the game. And there are no jagged frames even on a massive screen, something that a lot of other developers have yet to master.

I'm content with City Folk, and thou shalt go buy it, but it's not utterly 100% thrilling. The series never was, instead relying on a chain-combo of charm, but it's a bit disheartening when the magic dust that made the first two games so memorable has been lost a bit. The tacked-on (in some instances at least) motion/pointing controls may have contributed to this, but time will tell whether or not this is another entry in the chapter of gaming history dedicated to Nintendo's loss of touch with fans and eventual downward spiral.

Top Bottom