• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To the people who get banned

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
We get it. You don't need to make a thread every time. There are like 10 new ones everyday. We get it. Please stop, I want to have an actual topic to discuss instead of why you can't find other people.
smashboards online in a nuthsell.png

We all get it

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
The only "ban" I ever have received is for voluntarily DCing, which I think is a little silly for Nintendo to be issuing bans for that type of stuff. To have to wait 30 minutes to play again-pity. Since you're playing with a random set of four people from around the globe, you should just disconnect and be able to reenter. Might sound like a bit of a unorthodox solution, but there are more serious offenses than voluntarily DCing to get banned for.

BadLuckBrian

Smash Cadet
It means that this is an actual problem that needs to be fixed. Spreading your issues on the internet is the only way to let Nintendo know about their awful bansystem. I did nothing wrong and I am already on my 17th day of not being able to play online even though I payed the full 60 euros for it, and I have no idea when I'm gonna be able to play again. I have a tournament next week and can't even practice because 12-year old butthurts like to report me because they got rekt.

And besides that, Nintendo's bansystem is so amateurish that many people don't even know that they are banned, explaining the many new threads about this. You don't get a notification with what you did, what the consequences are and when the ban will go away. Until you're in it yourself you will get our frustration.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It means that this is an actual problem that needs to be fixed. Spreading your issues on the internet is the only way to let Nintendo know about their awful bansystem. I did nothing wrong and I am already on my 17th day of not being able to play online even though I payed the full 60 euros for it, and I have no idea when I'm gonna be able to play again. I have a tournament next week and can't even practice because 12-year old butthurts like to report me because they got rekt.

And besides that, Nintendo's bansystem is so amateurish that many people don't even know that they are banned, explaining the many new threads about this. You don't get a notification with what you did, what the consequences are and when the ban will go away. Until you're in it yourself you will get our frustration.
That is not spreading the issue, that is spamming threads about the same thing on the same forum. If you want to actually spread the issues on the internet, it is better to post about this in various different sites. Here are some suggestions:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica
https://twitter.com/nintendoeurope
https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo

As well as huge site/forums where Nintendo employees already confirmed to read, like NeoGAF and Reddit. YouTube videos about the issue would help, too. But posting two threads about it ever day definitely won't, because no one even knows if someone at Nintendo checks this section of the forum. That being said, I am not really bothered by the various threads, I am just really disagreeing with spamming threads = spreading the issue.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
This is pefect.
I'm sure Nintendo will take this issue more seriously if we told them thatthis issue is

While I agree that the high number of these posts reveal the problem and as someone who is banned, I'm enjoying the high number because I feel like it can't be ignored.

But I also agree with @ Reila Reila . We need to spam the source, not this source.

Have you called Nintendo and explained to them in great detail the issue?
And when I say great, I mean like a 5-7 minute persuasive speech as to why this is a problem.
Simply telling them "I can't play others except for the same people" isn't very compelling. They'll either make up an answer or tell you they dont know what's wrong.
Quote what some of us have posted. Tell them how it's such a big issue, that it's literally being posted about everyday.
Tell them exactly what you just posted here. You paid full price and should at least know why and for how long you were banned. Just argue why it's not ok what they're doing and if it's a glitch, well, that should always be brought up

So call Nintendo. If you already called them, call them again. I called like three times, everytime presenting new information and arguments as to why this is a major problem. I called it "feedback" and "concerns"

Last edited:
Top Bottom