• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tires... RIP?

Wafty

Smash Apprentice
You cannot grab tires anymore. You can now eat them and regain 1% of health, not just the tires but the other bike parts as well so basically you can get up to 5% back. Its pretty useless, I wish i just had the throwing tires back...

Throwing the bike is still pretty usefull tho

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
The bike got such a large assortment of buffs and nerfs in this game I don't even know what to think of it.

Buffs:
- Bike is much faster
- You can wheelie without losing speed
- You can combo the bike hits themselves by wheeling or turning
- The bike can be lifted and carried across the screen far more quickly
- Wario looks harder to knock off the bike
- Bike can damage people if Wario jumps off it
- You can eat the bike and its parts for small amounts of health

Nerfs:
- The bike is very hard to keep on stage as it has a lot of momentum to it
- No more tires. This is huge.
- No more wipe out mechanic meaning the bike can no longer be instantly dismounted. Another large nerf.
- Bike can be destroyed with Wario on it and it seems less durable

And this is just stuff I noticed from watching. The move looks similar but in practice it has been totally reworked.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Tires may not be 100% dead. Has anyone else noticed how one of the Wario tips on the loading screen claims that you can pick up the bike pieces after they're shattered? My theory is that the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game share character tips, and because the 3DS has more trouble loading interactable elements, picking up the bike parts is a Wii U exclusive ability.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Tires may not be 100% dead. Has anyone else noticed how one of the Wario tips on the loading screen claims that you can pick up the bike pieces after they're shattered? My theory is that the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game share character tips, and because the 3DS has more trouble loading interactable elements, picking up the bike parts is a Wii U exclusive ability.
I was about to post that. Ya, I saw that.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Tires were a rather significant part of Wario's gameplay, so having them back along with all of his buffs would be incredible.

Treehugger

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-6020-2201
The tires are troubling to even pick up so, yeah, it looks like they've been nerfed real hard. It's a shame, too. They provided some good mind games.

Top Bottom