• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips with Sheik ? I struggle with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jee412

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jee412
Hi Smasher !

I've been practicing my Sheik games a lot lately and I really like her style of play. Rush down character with heavy combo, but I have trouble when fighting average people online. With Ness and R.O.B. I have absolutly no trouble playing, Link is quite good too but Sheik is weird. Most of the hit I tried to deliver don't touch my enemy. I've watch a lot of guide and other person play as her and I try to mimmick every strategy about her but no hits land on the other. Is there a way to play so the hit will connect? Again i'm not bad, my R.O.B. and Ness games is above 90% victory ratio if not even more.

Thanks for the help !

Last edited:

Horizont

Smash Cadet
I struggled a lot at first too. There is a really steep learning curve at the beginning, but once you get your feet wet and start to "get" Sheik a little bit, your game will improve dramatically.

Definitely go for fthrow --> bouncing fish and ftilt (repeatedly) --> fair (repeatedly). Once you get those, you'll start to see more combos become apparent depending on the opponent's DI, stage position, etc.

Jee412

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jee412
I've become used to do the fthrow --> bouncing fish a lot ! I have trouble with the ftilt though, the enemy don't seem to want to stay in my ftilt until I want to continue with my fair, which I have trouble chaining too. But it's alright, despise a Falcon that was way too good and a Link that was spamming projectile, I didn't feel as worst as before. It's just the difference between her and my two mains (R.O.B. and Ness) is just way too big ^_^ But i'll try to practice even more and become a combo master ! Thanks !

?.?

Smash Journeyman
f-tilt to f-tilt is really only a link at extremely low percents... past 15 it starts to get hazy and you're usually better off going for a different option such as sh-fair... Care to be more precise about what moves aren't "hitting"? As most of her hitboxes are actually stupid large.

Horizont

Smash Cadet
Yea, sometimes I can't get the ftilt into fair since sometimes I want to go for more ftilts when I need to switch over to fairs before they can react. Stringing together multiple ftilts or multiple fairs into a finisher is something pretty easy to work on though. Fair string off the stage ---> opponent grabs ledge ---> time a bouncing fish during vulnerable frames ---> another bouncing fish, fair, or bair off the stage, is also really fun and flashy, but I think that might only work on nooby opponents. ^.^ Best of luck!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom