• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tips with metagame link.

hambread

Smash Apprentice
ive been trying to study vids of link on youtube and googlevideo or whatever and learn how to play my link better. i understand which moves link should use in what conditions, and i know how a link works front back and sideways, but its not improving at all. i think i need some help.
how should i play my link? i tend to play defensively and only attack fiercely when i know im controlling the situation. i try to always pull out a bomb when i have free space and time. and i always use B (and bomb if i have one) before i start attacking head on. link has 2 projectiles and i believe in using them to their full potential. when head on attacking i use softer SHairs to allow me to combo them into harder hitting attacks. i use Dair has an initial or approach and occasionally fair. in addition to that i use Dtilt and Usmash/tilt in between Shairs. i found out that initial dash + pivot fmash is very fast has become a pet counter, only second to Sh backwards + boomerang.

despite my clear idea of how i play, i cant seem to combine them well together.

i've recently moved to canada, and once i settle i'll start kaillera again. i wanna touch up my link before that. maybe when i play i get a few vids

thanks!

Top Bottom