• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips vs Zoners

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
im having issues with sonic, im still farily new to him been using him about a week or so. ZSS is giving me issues, and i played a extremely zone heavy king Dedede who wrecked me. how does sonic deal with heavy zoning espically since SD doesnt go thru projectiles?

also a side question how does sonic do in teams?

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Bait the projectiles, then shield them. You're fast enough to do that while getting up close to them at the same time. After the projectiles have been baited, that's when you attack.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Also, the hop on Spin Dash can go through projectiles, which is very helpful (it has invincibility frames).

In the case of King Dedede, the Gordos are very easy to send back at him. If you hit them with a move that does at least 2% damage (I believe that is the number) then you'll just pass it along.

:093:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
In terms of defense I just try to stay extra focused while reading his moves because if he starts landing solid hits with that hammer...it's game over. If he spams projectiles on you just stay away and bait with SC/SD, then cancel/jump and go after him.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Also, the hop on Spin Dash can go through projectiles, which is very helpful (it has invincibility frames).

In the case of King Dedede, the Gordos are very easy to send back at him. If you hit them with a move that does at least 2% damage (I believe that is the number) then you'll just pass it along.

It is 2%. I love reflecting them with just a jab. Gordos are pathetic.

Last edited:

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
Also baiting projectiles and using HA works really well, depending on how laggy the projectile is you may have to press B again to make the HA faster but less powerful

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I feel like there hasn't been a time when I haven't opted for the faster HA. I don't even know the percent difference between the two lol, but I can't see it being significant enough.

Top Bottom