• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips to defeat campy-happy players

-GourrY-

Smash Rookie
Well, I have a friend on Wi-fi that just LOVES to spam some moves like Toon Link projectiles at all angles to damage and then running away and repeating.
At first I was slaughtered, until I tried doing the same with Wolf: Spam Blaster and reflect arrows and boomerang/ shield bombs. It didn't work for too long because he started using his shield to defend agains his reflected projectiles and the blaster.

Well, I would like some help to defeat:

Kirby's WoP (He just keep jumping and doing Bairs from max range, then retreat when he needs to land. When I try to follow, he hits me with a Bair before landing, or a smash attack). Problems with Swallow+Dair offstage and Dair alone when using Over B and Up B to recover.

Toon Link's projectile party: spamming rolls, shield grabbing, Up Smash spamming when I am above him and Fsmash as a finisher or to send me away

Falco's Reflector spam and chain grabbing. Also Spiking me when I try to recover

He also uses Ness ground PK Fire Spam + Dthrow and Fair spam, but that's easy to counter, and not so hard to kill. The only problems are the PKT mindgames.

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
kirby doesnt have a WoP its a fence lol.
im not sure why youre having problems with kirbz.. a trick id suggest you try implementing is not just range firing blaster, but get close and bayonet + blast them

tink is a sob, best advice i can give you is spot dodge to avoid wasting your shield and always stay close to him, however, the contradiction there lies in his ridiculous little op sword once you get close range. sva to get AAAs in on him.

falco is by far the hardest. if youre playing a good falco he will run circles around you, and if you try to camp he can spam lasers and easily dash + shine you back like you mentioned. id suggest taking advantage of wolfs areial game (which you should always be utilizing) and try to catch falco after he shines. also play defensively until youre over 50%.. no sense in giving him a free 50dmg with cgs make em work for it. sorry, not the best advice for falco but hes a good match up against wolf

ness, blaster + shine and gimp his horrid recovery with shines

-GourrY-

Smash Rookie
Thanks, my problem was that I tried to be careful not getting hit by his attacks that he had plenty of time to swam projectiles/long range attacks and mix them up to hit me.
I ***** his ness, tlink, falco and pikachu just staying on his face with sh nairs +aaa/shines, shield grabs or sh bairs
Even though it's easier, Kirby's Fsmash range is annoying and so is Final Cutter as a counter attack

Top Bottom