• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on preparation for first 2v2 tournament?

Raddison

Smash Rookie
My brother and I are heading to a doubles tournament and he's never played competitively before, and neither of us have played brawl in a while.

We've only got bots to practice against, and we've gone with him playing as Diddy Kong, and me as Marth or Ike. (Or Olimar- He's my best, but we're afraid of Oli's splash damage and we think he's not that amazing in a team scenario; so any comments on that would help.)

MK is banned, so we were wondering what stages to avoid, and what kinds of matchups we should be wary about (Good for us or bad). If need be i can post the specific stage lists, but they're mostly standard.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Last edited:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
i say go ike/diddy
bananas make it so ike can combo into smashes
and diddy can help ike recover if you do it right
i say ps1 is a really good stage for your team

-LzR-

Smash Hero
My personal tip: No matter what happens, NEVER blame your teammate. It kinda ruins the mood for everyone.

And another thing, don't focus on dumb 2v1 combos. Everyone and everything ***** 2v1, but the real fight is 2v2 so focus on spacing together without being in each others way.

If you throw someone off the stage, don't focus on edgeguarding. It's much more rewarding to go destroy the other guy 2v1 while the other one recovers.

Top Bottom