• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tips on my meta knight

Sino

Smash Journeyman

mrk

Smash Cadet
-Edge-stall more. Fall and jump back up, Dimensional Cape down and back up, Dimensional Cape down and do a staggered edge-stall... whatever you like. Though that suggestion is more of a personal one.
-Defend yourself with a good offense. Repeatedly, you jump and do not attack--there is no reason for this. Meta's attacks won't make you lag at all upon landing, so do something to protect yourself.
-Save your kill moves. You're dsmashing much too often to make the move a viable killer, which should be its main purpose.
-Keep yourself invulnerable for as long as possible by canceling your Drill Rushes into the ground.You'll save yourself a lot of heart-ache if you do this.
-Use more Shuttle Loop more intelligently. It's a brilliant move in terms of damage, knockback, killing, and setups. You don't want to spam it to the point of uselessness, as you did a few times, when a nair would have done the job better. It's all about timing, as is everything with Meta.
-Use more Mach Tornado (and use it more offensively). You don't stay on the enemy as much as you should while in the Tornado. Don't be afraid to stay close--the last hit is the one that counts, because it knocks the enemy away for that brief period of time during which you're vulnerable after the attack.
-Get better at gimping. All you're currently doing is falling on top of them and hoping a single dair will kill them. You need to chase them, fair, dair, and nair them into oblivion, and come back safely.
-Improve your air game. You use it too little for a character with one as great as Meta's.
-Don't use Dimensional Cape for edge-grab recoveries. It's certainly doable, but it's much too easy to mess up, and it's much to common to have your enemy mess it up for you. Do the safe thing and use your glides and Shuttle Loop.
-Use your uair. Any move that can be done thrice in the span of a short hop deserves to be utilized quite frequently.
-Watch the spacing on your approaches. You're attacking with your sword, not your mask.

Need anything else? Feel free to ask.

Sino

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the tips. I use edge-stall, maybe not in this vids but i do it. However i dont use dimension edgehog, maybe i need to work on that as well. I use my Dsmash when someone is behind me.

"Keep yourself invulnerable for as long as possible by canceling your Drill Rushes into the ground. "
I always do this, well not always but most of the times i do :D

Im working on my shuttle loop, i now spam it to learn it. Nair, i will keep that in mind thanks. My dimensional cape edge grab recovery was just a lucky mistake, i pressed the button wrong :(

And thanks for all the other tips

Top Bottom