• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tips on ledge hop double laser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelad1

Smash Ace
making threads like these is a good way to get them closed and warned... just read the falco guides and use the search function........ tap down on the control stick and then tap up as your dropping and hit b twice, thats the easiest way to do it, you can also use x or y to jump back up but using the control stick frees up your thumb for shooting.

Driz

Smash Apprentice
so I was just trying out some ways to EHDL and hitting Y/X nade the lasers too slow and using control stick made me go into firefox too often. I then realized that instead of hitting y/x with the same finger if I switch up my grip slightly I when grabbing the edge I can quickly hit Y followed by 2 very fast lasers, not sure if it will work for you but I used pointer on Y and thumb on B try it might help you out

xelad1

Smash Ace
i have pratice that move 4 a very long time it just does not work
and i dont see many people do it so it must be one of those impossible moves to do
Not at all, if you use the control stick it becomes infinitely easier than using x or y to jump back on because you free up your right thumb for just pressing b while your left does the dropping/jumping for you.

Driz

Smash Apprentice
ok wat do u mean but when you switch up your grip slighty
What I mean is I usually have my pointer on the R button and switch it between R and Z but for this i've found it easy to slide it down to Y and move my thumb to B making it just as easy to jump and fire fast plus my main problem with the control stick was that id go into firebird or phantasm and using Y gets rid of that problem. I suggest you try it out, but theres a few ways to do it so its really what ever you can master easiest

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've actually tried something like that. I can't use the control stick to LHDL for the life of me, so instead what I do is go into a sort of claw grip. With my middle finger on X and my pointer finger on B. That way I can drop down, hit X, and quickly hit B twice.

I realize it may not be smart to be shifting grips whenever I want to LHDL, but it's way more comfortable to use. And it cuts down on a lot of pointless suicides too.

xNightmar3x VI

Smash Rookie
ok so wat would be eaiser to use x/y or the thumb stick

cuz when i do it i ether fall to fast or i cant get on the stage cuz i slip up and do his forward+B

so im asking how do i land on the satge with the double laser

Leoneri

Smash Ace
I'm writing an in-depth guide on Falco's advanced techs because of these threads, with all of the techniques you guys suggest because most of them only have one. If anything i'll just add more to it and post it on GFAQS if you guys consider it spam ^^'

Blatherskite

Smash Apprentice
Don't use anything besides the analog stick. It's really simple and even easier than waveshining.
Mash down then up really fast on the analog stick, then B B. Once you do that, then you can perfect it by delaying the up smash so you can get the lasers even with each other.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
lol i couldn't EHDL before reading this.. but after like 30min. of practicing, i kinda got it down or the timing at least. analog ftw.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
making threads like these is a good way to get them closed and warned... just read the falco guides and use the search function........ tap down on the control stick and then tap up as your dropping and hit b twice, thats the easiest way to do it, you can also use x or y to jump back up but using the control stick frees up your thumb for shooting.
Thank you both. Thread closed. For the most part, every basic falco technique has already been made a thread of in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom