• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on Fighting Against Ryu?

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule ,Skyloft, Akaneia, Tellius, Ylisse, Magvel
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
I always knew Ryu was a really good character when mastered. He's just not used as much as others, because he takes a lot of skill to use him effectively, with his inputs. (Plus he's a newer character) I would say he's at least Top 20 in Smash 4. Yesterday I got destroyed by this Ryu on For Glory. He has all these combos, projectiles, and confirms into Shoryuken. His only weakness I can see is his recovery and aerial mobility. Any tips for fighting this savage of a character?
Smash 4 mains: :4link::4marth::4megaman::4robinm::4robinf::4zss::4myfriends::4palutena:
Secondaries: :4metaknight::4fox::4falcon::4falco:

Migster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4417-4697
Well you probably shouldn't have so many mains but to fight Ryu you should use more multi hit moves and grab a lot to break focus attack. Watch for the Ryu to see if his Hadokens are to pressure you or bait you to jump in or something.

Good Ryu(')s will punish an on-shield hit with something quick like a light up-tilt, down-tilt, or jab and immediately follow up with something, usually true Shoryuken. It hurts and you will die.

Migster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4417-4697
Also his recovery is actually really good imo.

If they Tatsumaki back to stage you have a chance to gimp or punish or something but if you miss and get hit while on his other side, you die a stupid death. Shoryuken back to stage has a hitbox that passes through the stage so you should shield.

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule ,Skyloft, Akaneia, Tellius, Ylisse, Magvel
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
Also his recovery is actually really good imo.

If they Tatsumaki back to stage you have a chance to gimp or punish or something but if you miss and get hit while on his other side, you die a stupid death. Shoryuken back to stage has a hitbox that passes through the stage so you should shield.
Yeah I know about Shoryuken going through the stage, Marth's dolphin slash does that too.

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
Ryu is a very technical player. Train your mains to be technical players and a whole new world will open for you.

Top Bottom