• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on DIing Jigglypuff's Up Throw -->Rest

Sure Dave

Smash Apprentice
This past weekend I went to a tournament with Ken, Chu, Mana, Arash, and a bunch of others and placed 13th out of 97. I was wondering though, is there a good way to DI Jigglypuff's upthrow-->rest, because when I fought Arash's Jigglypuff with my Falco we were basically even until he started doing that.. Any tips on how to DI it properly?

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Even though I may be a rookie Jigglypuff, whenever I get to doing this ususally if a Fox or Falco DIs either completely right or left I am left unable to reach them to rest or combo into rest... or again, my friend always seems to be able to jump just as I reach the spot he was, so I'd suggest jamming on the jump until you do jump. At higher %s, it becomes easier to jump straight up over a jumping to resting Puff. Then pain may be administered as seen fit...

But as I said, I'm relatively new, so there may be ways to chain the DI left or right into an aerial combo leading to rest, I woulnd't know. Either way, I'd think the principles of chainthrowing (as the victim) would apply in those cases...

Nurok

Smash Lord
when i play very good jigglies, they are able to follow up the uthrow with more comboes.
i suggest trying to DIU it left or right to escape, cuz then u can tech the combo.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
well dont get grabbed is one good tip, but have u tried to air tech the uthrow? im not sure if that works cuz i havnt really played a good jigglypuff that does uthrow rest combos.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
I think the best way to DI is probably the direction Jigglypuff is facing.

I remember this being in a sticky or another thread somewhere else (hint to search).

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
the only thing you can do is have a friend jigglypuff just sit there and uthrow you in training or melee and just do it over and over again until you get it down pat then tell the rest of us =P It's a *****, and there's not much you can do, just try to di the second you leave her hands, just don't break your controller trying to di that hard =P

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I don't think its that complicated. I think, similarly to Bowser's up throw, you can't DI behind Jigglypuff, only in front of her. So if she grabs you and she is facing left, you can only DI to her left. So you just need to keep that in mind.

Top Bottom