• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on dealing with lucario's aura sphere?

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I just can't help but think that when someone knows how to use this move properly its just...broken. Its like the only move lucario will do to me (Keep in mind I don't play any characters with a reliable reflector against this)

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
LOL luigi player calling our only projectile broken,

It actually has a good amount of ending lag so you really should be trying to punish. Your whole game is rushdown so we shouldnt have too much time to charge one in the first place. The reason we use it so much in the match up is because luigi destroys us (and every other character) up close with his grab game and boxing game. Not to mention his super fast aerials.

Listen if you want to do well against us, its your job to keep up the pressure so that we cant even breath on stage. But if you let us out space you and consistantly have time to charge then youre going to have trouble. Please tread lightly using the word broken next time.

Last edited:

Neiroa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neiroa
If you learn to perfect shield the aurasphere, it might be useful to you.
For approaching Lucario, dash canceling with perfect shielding the aurasphere can be an option (also dangerous if your timing is bad).

againiam

Smash Rookie
Try playing Lucario or Samus and try to spam the hell out of aura sphere or charge shot. You'll get more experience on the throwing end and see more of what works and what doesn't. Then when you're fighting one, you'll be like, "Oh man, he's gonna throw that sphere now," and you'll be ready.

Jmon101

Smash Cadet
Get out. Get out of our forum.

Jk.

Your best bet would be to master the perfect shield.

Top Bottom