• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for Samus's Kicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
I don't know if Tilt-A or Up-A, I'm still trying to learn this whole Smash language. But while on ground, Samus can use a Kick using Up and A. Thing is, I get to hit with it few times, but when I do, boy does it do some nice damage.
After a dodge, I always use Down -A (makes a small spin). The attack is good and quick so that's a plus. But when trying to use the kick I'm talking about, it's too slow and they get to grab me or hit me before I can. I'm trying to find the right time to use it, but sometimes the match is going so even that I just fear to use it wrong and lose the whole match.

With Neutral Air, Samus uses like a kick. I'm also wondering if there's any tips for that. Almost never use it and I'm wondering if I should use it more often or if the attack is just a main waste.

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
I feel as if this thread could have simply been a post in a thread that already exists, but whatever.

So you like to spot dodge (shield+down) and then down smash? This has its uses if the opponent WILL be knocked off stage but this is valid only if they are at high enough percents and they were near the ledge in the first place. I suggest you instead just use f-tilt (side+A; a quick kick that comes out faster and ends faster than down smash [smash down+A]).

Neutral air is not to be discounted. This move helps guard the edge, so run offstage and then use it, or follow up any of Samus's combo starters and nair. This move is like down-smash, but it is useable in the air. Wooh. Go semi-spikes... or almost semi-spikes.

Last edited:

leiraD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TacoShell
Soo, the axe-kick you're referencing is Samus’ up-tilt or “u-tilt.” Definitely a good move with decent, range, priority, and knock-back. I primarily use this move while combating a player who’s trying to get back onto the stage from the ledge. Soooo, in the event that a player hanging on the edge uses a jump recovery, it’s a good move to use to push them right back off of the stage and throw some damage on. Its also good for dealing with players who use short-hop approaches. If you have someone coming at you at roughly a 45 degree angle, it’s a good move to punish with. Its harder to use if someone is coming directly vertically or from directly above you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom