• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for out of shield Climhazzard?

dingeyeycl

Smash Rookie
I have been doing some testing as to what Cloud's best out of shield option is, and from what I can tell, it seems like Climhazzard comes out the fastest for a real solid punish (Throw just seems too unreliable against someone that is spacing even remotely well). Every move except throw requires you to do that "out of shield" pose for a few frames, but Climhazzard can do it immediately, and is actually even faster than throw (Climhazzard comes out of shield and hits frame 7, and throw hits frame 9).

The problem I am having is doing this consistently? Any tips? Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it just moves my shield around as if I am just holding the B button, or just stands there and does nothing when I press Up B while in shield.

Last edited:

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
You have to press up and B on the same frame. Treat it like a Smash attack.
If it's easier, you can also press jump and then up special if you have tap jump or a trigger set to jump.

Top Bottom