• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for my Luigi

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
space animals = always throw up unless they are at extreme %, because if they dont DI you can chain grab em, or if they do DI u can try to pull off *ka-master* XD lol wavedash, turn around and grab em, or u can just simply jump up and dair/fair em :p

seems like your tornado recovery is a bit tad lacking, but u know how to do it, thats the important part, just smash the crap outa B button

your edge guarding is :( there are lots of diff ways of edgeguarding but id have to type for far too long lol, look at tobias's guide or check out some vids/combo vids of luigi
however ur edgeguarding at 1:30 was rather cool, u should have finished it with a dropping dair tho when he was below u chillin there for a sec with his firefox and same at 2:04, and since it looks like he wouldnt tech it fo sho, ud be like... Zing, *fox dead*

also luigi = tech chasing beast, learn to tech chase ur opponents, and punish them for teching the way u knew they was gonna tech ;D

lastly i was actually surprised that your wavedashin was rather decent although sometimes u had a bit of a short wavedash, learn to tilt the control stick not so much down but to the side, ur luigi still needs some work and more fluidness, but its decent, and gettin there

dyeout

Smash Cadet
HMM,as ppa0 said you up throw those space animals to chaingrab their @$$.If you're having a hard time chain grabing there's a little combo.Up throw >up tilt just a few time,tornado or D smash and up tilt,kind of works on fast fallers which the space animals are.

LACK:
Shffl
Sex kick"best move against fast fallers,at low dmg it's a set up"

Bad habits:
NEVER toy around badly with a fox near the edge"Especially high level ones"You be shined to death very quickly.
Be careful with that F-smash has much lag.

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
I really like your playing style. Honestly you are pretty decent. The thing about space animals is that you need to understand the timing. It seemed his fox was recovering at times that you could have baired, naired, or faired his face. Also the grabbing. I really like the shield grabbing but it would be a lot more helpful to instead of trying to throw him off the edge throw him up and if he doesn't DI chain grab, if he does, end it with a bair or fair depending on where he DI's. Also I saw that you wave dashed into a downtilt a few times. I make that same mistake, of course unless you mean to do that. I like how you have a slight advantage with mind games. Your opponent seems pretty easy for you especially since he doesn't shine constantly. I know foxes that'll keep me away from the edge all the time. I saw a few combos such as an upthrow to an uptilt to a downsmash. You should add more of that to your game for the damage and then the kill rather then trying to get an easy off the edge kill. Your style of playing could improve but you seem to be going in the right path.

-Also
1. Awesome color choice

~TheZeroFaReal

Navid

Smash Cadet
That was actually a very bad game most of the time my edge guarding is much better and I was kinda lets call it "toying" with the fox. Anything else other then edge guarding?:cool:

Top Bottom