• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for Luigi Movement

D

Deleted member

Since Luigi is a pretty strong secondary for me in Melee, I wanna know from you guys personally, how do you usually control Luigi?

I mean like, Wavelanding, Wavedashing, Dash Dancing, etc.

I like to use platforms to get around my enemy, I wavedash pretty good, and overall, I can control Luigi really well. But I always feel like there's something missing when it comes to this character, like something extra I can do to really help me play better.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Wavedash constantly, its his movement bascially. VuduDashes are fun and can create mindgames, not to mention finish a combo.

2nd: Don't be too defensive. It can cost you.

GCSChris

Smash Rookie
Basically you should always be moving. Also, you should almost exclusively be wavedashing. A lot of players also aren't prepared for jump > waveland on platform > falling aerial (usually f-air); it's very effective.

D

Deleted member

Basically you should always be moving. Also, you should almost exclusively be wavedashing. A lot of players also aren't prepared for jump > waveland on platform > falling aerial (usually f-air); it's very effective.
I do that a lot, but I **** it up by air dodging haha. I'll work on that, thanks :)

Top Bottom