• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for edge guarding a sweet spotting sheik?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I've been playing a sheik that sweet spots the edge really well with up-b and I've been having some problems effectively edge guarding her. I've had some luck neutral airing her as she's starting the up-b animation off stage, but its hard for Mario to run and jump out to her in the time it takes her to start her up-b (cuz he's not that fast). Any tips?

If I go for the edge hog she'll just appear on stage, if I wait on stage she'll go to the ledge.

And does Anyone know how to cape her effectively? I haven't had much luck with caping her as she starts the animation or as she appears.

Thanks y'all.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
As a sheik main, you really just want to draw her back on stage. She's pretty much invincible while she's edge stalling. You really want to catch her on stage. Dont try to cape her recovery, instead take ledge at the right time and force her on stage. She has a weaker neutral game than mario, so pretty much just dont let them play the game at the edge. Fireball camp if she's stalling and you have the lead.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Sheik's up+b has a lot of landlag, if you force her on stage (grab the edge) you can punish her landing before she can act.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
As a sheik main, you really just want to draw her back on stage. She's pretty much invincible while she's edge stalling. You really want to catch her on stage. Dont try to cape her recovery, instead take ledge at the right time and force her on stage. She has a weaker neutral game than mario, so pretty much just dont let them play the game at the edge. Fireball camp if she's stalling and you have the lead.
Thanks! i'll put away my favorite cape when she's off the edge!

GeZ

Smash Lord
Also you can just stand with your back to the ledge, and WD to the ledge when they disappear, for a little ninja edgeguard.

Top Bottom