• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for dealing with laggy online inputs

Sharpshooter188

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty "meh" when it comes to this game, but it is pretty fun in the sense of competitive play. Local 3ds (though I do lag sometimes with the person sitting right next to me) is pretty good as far as minimal lag input, but does anyone have any tips for handling your mains online?

I'm not a bad Sheik player imo, but as soon as I jump online the laggy inputs absolutely destroy me. I'm usually being pitted against japanese players which makes things worse.

I have the problem of being too careful with my 3ds (I've seen those pictures of people snapping their circle pads) and thus hesitating on some moves, but with the online everything is just... I dunno. It seems like you have to plan every engagement and buffer the movement in anticipation. There doesn't seem much as far as reactive play goes since the inputs come out so late.

My internet isn't bad. 105 mbps dl and 10 mbps ul. Can anyone offer tips to a scrub??

LinkoHakurei

Smash Cadet
NNID
LinkoHakurei
3DS FC
3136-6656-2820
I want to know if there is any way to fix this too, i started playing on the 3DS for glory for a very long time and im pretty sure there was always minor input lag but recently i bought the wiiU version and played offline with friends for weeks and now i just cant play online at all.
That minor input lag just will not allow me to do anything i want to and i just end up hesitating alot and just playing campy as hell looking for grabs or cheap smash attack with little to no combos at all...

I don't know if there is any way to fix this but i've just decided i won't play for glory anymore and just play the game when there's people here to play offline with which is not as often as i'd like. :/

Top Bottom