• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips For Creating a Smash Club at My High School?

Aqualad

Smash Rookie
So I am looking to create a Smash Club at the high school I go to. Does anyone have any tips on how to approach administrators/anyone about starting such a club, as well as tips about running it, gaining/gauging interest, etc? Other general tips about Smash Clubs would also be appreciated. Thanks!

D

Deleted member

It really just depends on your school and your teachers. At my high school you can ask the office about creating a club and you can find a teacher that would be willing to supervise. People at my school did that and now we have a smash club every Thursday. You should organize it well.
Tip 1: Have a sign up for it so you can create brackets. If you have drop ins it will take to long to set up.
Tip 2: Set time limits on matches. That way you will get through as many players as possible.
Tip 3: Lower number of stocks, same reasons as tip 2.
Tip 4: No items. Some players will be turned off by items.
And that is all i can think of for now...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
The main thing you should do is specify what kind of gameplay people will expect coming into the club.
What games are you going to have available for play? How are you going to be playing them? (1v1s, FFAs, rulesets, etc) Having this information helps beforehand, so you can properly advertise the club (typically via posters if your school allows them) to the people in your school who would be interested.

Top Bottom