• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tips for bowser gameplay?

MacDonald

Smash Rookie
hey, im new to the bowser gameplay and im wonderin what kinda tactics i shuld use. im already familiar with the mindgames for bowser but is there anyhting else i could do?

Starzaka

Smash Rookie
Which mindgames do you already know?
With Bowser in Brawl, Here's one thing I know.

.Avoid using forward air A at low percentages, not only because of the then already decreased knockback power but also because it is now much easier to perfect shield attacks. You'll easily get punished with a throw combo or smash attack(especially with Bowser's size) Save this attack mainly as an edgeguard tech. to send your opponent flying. Keep this in mind, especially since the attack decreases in knockback power even at high percentages the more you use it.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Spacing, spacing, SPACING!!

Since bowser isn't combo oriented at all, learn to take advantage of his range and power. Read your opponents to the best of your ability. I personally think f-tilt is now amazing, and his fair, like Starzaka said earlier, is more punishable... but reserving it for just edgeguarding is silly.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
hey, im new to the bowser gameplay and im wonderin what kinda tactics i shuld use. im already familiar with the mindgames for bowser but is there anyhting else i could do?
bowser doesn't have any different mind games to anyone else... sigh -.- mind games aren't a thing you learn with characters. Just watch vids ad practice different combos, learn by doing, it's the best way.

Edit-
Spacing, spacing, SPACING!!

Since bowser isn't combo oriented at all, learn to take advantage of his range and power. Read your opponents to the best of your ability. I personally think f-tilt is now amazing, and his fair, like Starzaka said earlier, is more punishable... but reserving it for just edgeguarding is silly.
This guy seems to know what he's on about.

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
I made it to the semis of my gamestop tourney with bowser, and lost to an ike >.<

By the way, forced random characters FTL!! No offense to bowser lovers, but I had to go against a DDD and two ikes. I'll hate random forever now.

Top Bottom