• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for beating Boss Battles on Intense?

Nicolas-1223

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nicolas-1223
3DS FC
3308-5040-6654
Hello all. I'm a newcomer here to the Smashboards, and I came to ask this question: what are some tips for beating Boss Battles on Intense in Brawl?

I just started playing the game recently to finish up the challenges that are left. I only have 3 left at the moment: collect all stickers, obtain 500 trophies, and clear Boss Battles on Intense. I am literally one trophy away from 500 trophies and I can easily farm stickers through CD Factory, so those two won't be a problem. However, this challenge is the only difficult one I have left. I have looked online already, and people have simply suggested "camping", but I'm not entirely sure how you're supposed to camp bosses. Any tips towards this would be appreciated!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I beat it with fox by lasering a lot when being close is too dangerous. His reflector can work wonders on some bosses and his strong smashes and tilts are great health drainers. He's fast and his illusion can get you out of danger.

Also fighting the more difficult bosses first is great because their overall health is lower. It all depends on luck for that one.

Last edited:

Nicolas-1223

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nicolas-1223
3DS FC
3308-5040-6654
I'm not too good with Fox and I don't use him very often. I'll have to practice with him. I know his reflector is that blue hexagonal shield, but what's his Illusion?

Thanks for the tip, though, hopefully it'll work when I play it this weekend

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I'm not too good with Fox and I don't use him very often. I'll have to practice with him. I know his reflector is that blue hexagonal shield, but what's his Illusion?

Thanks for the tip, though, hopefully it'll work when I play it this weekend
His illusion is his side special. The one where he makes a twinkle sound then lunges forward really fast.

You don't have to use him but I recommend him. Use whoever you want.

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
My best tip is to play hit and run style. That worked wonders for me.

1. Wait for the boss to do something, remember to stay a bit away from the boss, but not too far.
2. Boss attacks and you dodge it.
3. Rush up to the boss and attack, figure out which moves do the most damage the fastest and only use this move. (For example: I only used the Knee of Justice with Captain Falcon)
4. Back off quickly.
5. Rince and repeat.

You'll have to play Boss Battles a lot. Learn the bosses and their attacks and how to dodge them. Figure out extra tricks, for example, when Duon fires his missiles you can lead them towards him and make them hit Duon instead.
Figure out the best position for every boss. For example; on the Ridley battle, in most situations you want to be in the air, since most of Ridley's attacks are aimed towards the ground.

But most of all:

PLAY. A LOT.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
My best tip is to play hit and run style. That worked wonders for me.

1. Wait for the boss to do something, remember to stay a bit away from the boss, but not too far.
2. Boss attacks and you dodge it.
3. Rush up to the boss and attack, figure out which moves do the most damage the fastest and only use this move. (For example: I only used the Knee of Justice with Captain Falcon)
4. Back off quickly.
5. Rince and repeat.

You'll have to play Boss Battles a lot. Learn the bosses and their attacks and how to dodge them. Figure out extra tricks, for example, when Duon fires his missiles you can lead them towards him and make them hit Duon instead.
Figure out the best position for every boss. For example; on the Ridley battle, in most situations you want to be in the air, since most of Ridley's attacks are aimed towards the ground.

But most of all:

PLAY. A LOT.
This. Personally, I went with a double Charizard team in co-op. And practice against any boss you're having trouble with in SSE.

Oh yeah, Tabuu sometimes forgets to use the off waves. That's how I beat him lol.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Use Charizard, side-b as much as possible (highest DPS possible if hit by all the rocks), and play as safe as you can by paying attention to the boss' patterns and retreating if you think you might get hit.

Last edited:

Nugger9000

Banned via Warnings
Step 1: Kill your yourself
Step 2: Point gun at face
Step 3: Fire Weapon

Top Bottom