• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for a Rookie

AquaNinja

Smash Cadet
While this is a very noob-like post, I would not mind if I had a couple tips from people with more skill and experience than me.

I used to be a more casual player, but I have always wanted to get better and start to play competitive Smash. After playing a lot of testing, I eventually decided on Pikachu as my main. I started practising and researching about some mechanics in SSBB. After a couple days in training mode, learning combos and other techniques, I went to start a match against a level 9. It was a near even match, I did win, but barely. I have been practising on level 9s, some I win, but some I lose. I would really like to step up my game.

It would help if the more experienced players could give me some advice, general things I should look for or focus on while playing, or if anyone mains Pikachu, maybe some combos they use that works.

If you read this whole thing then thank you. :D

Top Bottom