• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips against metaknight

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
basically, i need some help against up-b abusing meta knights...any tips/suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
metaknight is very simple match for me, for some reason...he has no range at all, king dedede has that on him, also he is swallowcided way easy since hes always flying around off the stage...

spam dem waddles! attempt more Fsmashes than you usually would at akward moments to catch MK off guard, one will probably kill him at 60% (ok thats exaggerating, maybe 75%)
you should use Dtilt, ftilt, basically every move that has incredible range on him...as for the tornado and drill? if you think hes gonna go for one use inhale, im pretty sure youll get invincibility when he enters your tummy.

edit: upb? try not to be in that position, stay airborne as opposed to fighting on the stage, upB gets predictable, so just memorize his patterns

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
His tornado goes through the inhale. Ftilt is ok but for stopping the mach tornado dtilt works better IMO. Idk about being airborne that much since MK can combo you like crazy up there. And I wouldn't do the random fsmash thing since MK can punish that easily if you miss. Just try to stay out of his range and keep his tornado at bay.

soroush123

Smash Lord
Remember that Utilt kills MK at 91% in FD. he dies very easily off the top. Fsmash will kill him at around 40%, so you could get lucky with it.

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
I got owned pretty hardcore by an MK in my last tourney. MK's air game is way better than DDD and he moves way too fast to waddlespam. And for bonus points, MK can't be chain grabbed. DDD can't pursue of the stage too well vs MK either. Also MK's lack of lag makes things difficult. I just know how to get owned by MK, I still haven't figured out how to make D3 the King of Dreamland once again.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
block, if metaknight spaces a fair, let go of shield and dash grab into back throw.

if you think he'll run at you to shield (usually vs a waddle dee) then just dash grab him.

if meta tornados, either block the whole thing and try to dash grab or F tilt or throw a waddle dee (depends on how much he spaces, i usually go for grab) or if you're farther away go for a Down smash or up tilt. If you get caught in tornado mash upwards a lot and R to air dodge out.

fall on him with Bair to edge guard.

Top Bottom