• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips against defensive Fox, Needle camping Sheik

PeterCat12

Smash Rookie
Recently been having some trouble playing a fox and a sheik who are both extremely patient and force me to approach.

For fox I've gotten the advice to always keep "25% stage length distance" between myself and the campy fox. I'm wondering if this is good advice for the needle camping sheik as well. It seems to me that their frame data allows them to bait and punish with ease. What's the high level strategy for these types of fox/sheik players? Is this just a test in patience?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Sheik is the only one who can force approach, Fox can't. PSIM his lasers. If you plan on approaching him, where is he on the stage? At the other end? He's only got the options of attacking, rolling, blocking, side Bing, dodging you, or jumping over you. How does he react when you get close? If he blocks often, you'll go for a grab. If he rolls, either d-smash, PKF, or tech chase his roll with a nair. If he jumps, follow him, but don't exactly commit with something like fair. There have been many times my opponent would run away after having removed one stock off of me. Naturally, they would go to the edge of the stage and wait for me to spawn and chase them. But when I approached, they would try to jump over or roll, and depending on what I see them doing, I'd use a full hop uair or short hop uair. Nair deals good with Fox's side B. As for Sheik, jump over her needles and anticipate a fair from her. If you decide to block on the ground as you approach, expect a grab when you get close. Even with her bomb, she'll do that to go for grabs at times.

Lord Horatio

Smash Apprentice
Keep Sheik just outside the range of your PK Fire. Stay above the needles as much as possible by using PSI Magnets and fast-fall to jumps. Shoot your PK fires when she unleashes the needles.

Top Bottom