• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tip - Modifying control buttons for Olimar

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Hi there. This is just a friendly tip for people who are using Olimar. If you are using a Game Cube controller, I'd suggest going to options and turning OFF the setting that makes you jump when you tilt the stick up.

This way, you will be able to easily use Olimar's Up-Tilt attack quickly and precisely. It's actually a very useful attack. It has priority over some attacks, like Wolf's forward smash, and it's a great way to push the opponent upwards and get them prepared for Olimar's amazing juggling skills.

I'm sorry if this is common knowledge to everyone. I just want to help out Olimar players.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
It is common knowledge, but it doesn't hurt for you to reiterate it.

Psyflame

Smash Cadet
It seems to me as though you ought to be able to hit the u-tilt every time regardless of stick sensitivity. While this helps, I personally find it more intuitive to be able to tap jump, and I have no problems using u-tilt on a whim, ever. Perhaps I haven't been pressured enough to really lose my cool, though.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
It seems to me as though you ought to be able to hit the u-tilt every time regardless of stick sensitivity. While this helps, I personally find it more intuitive to be able to tap jump, and I have no problems using u-tilt on a whim, ever. Perhaps I haven't been pressured enough to really lose my cool, though.

Same here. Turning that tap jump off seems really strange to a smash newb like myself... I've never employed an alternate jump button for much else aside from the occasional short hop to get to Olimar's F-air...

I'll have to practice to make sure I can get to that up-tilt eaisily...

Capt. Oli

Smash Cadet
This isn't really character specific, I along with probably most people deactivate it for all characters.

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
that's new for me,I did'nt know that olimar up tilt was so good cause i donm't play with him so much

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Actually, mate, I think you are talking about two separate moves. Olimar's Up-Tilt and Normal-Air attacks look similar, but they are different. Up-Tilt makes Olimar hop up, about one inch, and twirls. He looks like a spin-top toy. However, Olimar's Normal-Air attack is done when you jump into the air and press A, with no direction. Again, Olimar twirls, but it's higher up in the air, and you can control Olimar in the air.

I just wanted to show everyone a way to easily execute the Up-Tilt one - not the Normal-Air attack, but it seems like so many people know already. :)

Top Bottom