• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tiny Tribute

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I stayed away from the little guy for a while. In fact I can say the interest in Pikachu as a character wasn't really there for me before smash... he is so mainstream which isn't normally my type. But when you play as him it's an entirely different story. I am so converted. I learned this version of the game through Ganon so I feel like I have a strong sense of the neutral and how tight your windows are off stage during a recovery phase... so it's a bit like the opposite side of the spectrum out there now, and it's glorious.

The mobility game is godlike, the mix ups are endless, the off stage coverage is absurd. His only downfall is that he's hard to learn and takes endurance to play... and that is exactly what I look for personally. Oh... and the whole getting launched into oblivion off a flick thing, but that happens when you're not doing things right so that's on me atm not him ;p I can't wait to continue to keep perfecting things and become a menace. Pika is thousands of games behind my Ganon at this point though D: I'll have to work extra hard to catch up, but it's going well so far c:

It's a bit of an opinionated and self focused post, I just felt like venting some tribute to the amazing character I feel like I've finally discovered even though he's been right there for so long.

Top Bottom