• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Timing Roy

Kyune

Smash Rookie
I've only been recently introduced to "advanced" smash. With Roy as my potential main I've been spending most of my time trying to build technical skill in the advanced techniques, and noticed something that isn't very well explained while trying to shffl attacks. It's kinda something separate from the concept of shffling.

Specifically, that when you go to L-cancel you want to be in the middle of your attack animation, in some form or another.

This is how I see it: There's two "recovery" times to consider...the time between the end of your hit frames and the end of your animation, and then the "delay" recovery between actions. When I tried to l-cancel during the first recovery time/mid-swing, I could more or less immediately fsmash on landing, which made for some interesting shffl'd fair>fsmash combos. I could alternatively perform any other smash or tilt, whatever. Kinda like during the pivot frame of a wavedance. I'm not good enough to do it yet, but I suspect you could do either fair>dtilt> *chase combo of choice* if you've got your reflexes down.

When I went to land and try to l-cancel during that second delay, I was unable to get any kind of lcancel and the ground attack was always "slow".

Forums have been around for awhile so I doubt this is anything new to anyone, but just figured I'd share that.

Edit: Someone move this into discussion forum.

Kyune

Smash Rookie
Erm, I posted here because I thought maybe someone else might d have something to contribute on the subject, such as whether or not Roy has any moves that don't follow that observed behavior, etc.

Or hell, just can the attitude and someone move the thread already.

Banned via Administration
you press l-during the move before you hit the ground. is that enough fo ryou?

Top Bottom