• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Timing on an autocanceled Knee

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Hey gents, I'm back.
So, I was talking with Psycho Ace a couple of months ago about a particular knee that caught my attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPN9BpuFMxQ

At 18:05 and 13:50.

It seems the lag from Wolf's back air + immediate Fair from Falcon OOS works? I'm pretty sure that Wolf's Bair would have easily gotten past that. If that's the case, what other quick moves like Wolf's Bair would we legit do OOS knee? What conditions have to be met for that to work?

I would guess it's just a strict timing thing. What do ya'll think?

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
I personally think its just a strict timing thing as well. But I suggest we do some offline or online tests with real players just to be sure. This could be really useful when dealing with wolves that shield pressure you with their Bairs.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
No it's not a strict timing, it requires your opponent to be ultra unsafe on your shield. If you watch closely you can see that both times Izaw wasn't spacing his Bair AND tried to follow up.

So yeah, if someone is going melee style on your shield and it's not MK you can probably time a knee. Otherwise you're better off going with safer options.

:phone:

Top Bottom