• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time limit for counterpicking stages.

How much time should someone be allowed to counterpick a stage?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Want to know what this is about? Check:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5110960

It's basically like this: How much time should someone have AT MOST between matches to counterpick a stage? If someone doesn't choose within that time limit, the stage will be selected randomly.

Let's forget about toilet breaks and/or taking a quick bite/sip, we agreed that shouldn't be a problem at a reasonable level. Smoking however should be done before and after the set.

This may seem a bit trivial, but it apparently has been a problem in Germany. Having a rule about this doesn't seem so bad IMO.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I would advice to use 2 minutes. Not because you'll always need them but basically to avoid discussion and all. If you have 30 seconds you can pretty much start timing after each match, with 2 minutes it's just less of a fuss.
I totally agree to this.
I've voted for 3 minutes.

J03

Smash Master
60 bloomin seconds lads. one minute is much longer then youd think. the only time it would go quickly is of your pressured and nervous. and if you nervous and pressured then your not going to win anyways. you could argue a longer time to give the opponent chance to cool down before his pick but meh. Also only an *** would start timing 60 seconds after every match so it would be more a case of this.
'Dude your taking your time'
'i cant decide'
'gonna put you on the clock, 60 seconds left'.

my point is it doesnt matter how long it takes to make a pick if the other person is cool with it. but if your opponent is taking too long THEN you put them on the clock, pretty simple, the simplest of times. i agree with myself, great judgement.

Guess what i voted for lol. but it doesnt matter the rule SHOULD be.
During your counterpick selection, your opponent has the right to put you on a 60 second timer at his descretion.

I also claim rights to this and its to be known as Jo3's Rule.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
The poll is closed. It's obvious 1 minute (or 2 minutes) is the way to go. It'll be tough to enforce, but at least you have something to rely on if it ever it becomes an issue.

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
making a rule for this is just stupid. or is it the fact that's it needed because some guy irritated the hell out of someone by not choosing a stage for over 20 minutes? :dizzy:

i would just ban that guy from the tournament.
if it's sooooo obvious someone is stalling, just kick the guy or something.

this should not be needed.

Top Bottom